• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark8 3.5-25x M5B2

PTPATAW

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2017
If one was to get a really good deal on the scope, how does it stack up to other scopes on the market. Let pretend the price is reasonable as a NF ATACR 5-25 F1.

I never see too many people talking about this particular scope.

It is a very good scope, but I am not a huge fan of M5B2 turrets. Make sure you are comfortable with them.

ILya
I heard the pinch and turn were kind of a pain. I’m curious how the eye box is and parallax. I haven’t got behind the scope but I know a few guys down range that use them on their long gun so I was considering it. That or the 3-27x PMii

It is a very good scope, but I am not a huge fan of M5B2 turrets. Make sure you are comfortable with them.

ILya
Have you tired the M5C2 version. They seem significantly cheaper.

I like the M5C2 turret a lot more, but this version of the Mark 8 is not illuminated.

ILya
I’m curious what you’d choose, Mark8 3.5-25 (with whatever turret version) or a 3-27 PMii?

Part of me says to get a Leupold because it’s an American company and the warranty(I don’t care where the scopes actually made). But the other side is say that the 3-27 PMii has a better FOV.

The Leupold Mark 8 is an amazing scope. Optically it is on par with the Theta. I have both the M5 B2 and M5 C2. The turrets are definitely better on the C2. The B-2 turrets aren't bad, they just take a little bit to get used to. Leupold needs to come out with the C2 with illumination.

The Leupold Mark 8 is an amazing scope. Optically it is on par with the Theta. I have both the M5 B2 and M5 C2. The turrets are definitely better on the C2. The B-2 turrets aren't bad, they just take a little bit to get used to. Leupold needs to come out with the C2 with illumination.

Not to be a dick but, I very seriously doubt that.

Okay. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but I guess you have both to validate your statement. If you don't, then what is your point. Think what you want, I don't care. But my opinion is shared with others also.

Reactions: dinmax82
I’m curious what you’d choose, Mark8 3.5-25 (with whatever turret version) or a 3-27 PMii?

Part of me says to get a Leupold because it’s an American company and the warranty(I don’t care where the scopes actually made). But the other side is say that the 3-27 PMii has a better FOV.

That is sort of a tough call since magnification ratio is not that big of an issue to me with large scopes. In this price range, I'd take Tangent Theta over either of them.

ILya

Reactions: gebhardt02

I've had both, still own the TT. I'm not able to describe glass honestly besides good, better, best. But the Mk8glass was one of the brightest I've ever seen to my eyes.

Old style turrets suck and no one wants to buy them during resale are the biggest knocks.

Tempted to buy the one in for sale section just cuz it's cheap.

I’ve always thought about getting one as well. I’ve had 2 TT’s so if it’s as good as those optically that’s a great start. If I remember correctly they don’t have a lot of internal adjustment vs a NF or TT. Could be wrong though.

I’ve always thought about getting one as well. I’ve had 2 TT’s so if it’s as good as those optically that’s a great start. If I remember correctly they don’t have a lot of internal adjustment vs a NF or TT. Could be wrong though.

I do not think it is quite as good as TT optically, but it is a very solid design (except for the B knobs).

ILya

Okay. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but I guess you have both to validate your statement. If you don't, then what is your point. Think what you want, I don't care. But my opinion is shared with others also.

Nope, I don't have either, but spent some time with them. I believe the TT has the same optical prescription as its predecessor Premier, which I owned at one time and was to me the best glass I've ever had. The Schmidts I've had were brighter, but the Premier could resolve finer details to my eyes. I've owned several high end Leupolds, and while solid scopes, they didn't hold a candle to the Premier.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick. If the Leupold mk8 was optically on par with the TT line, you'd hear guys buzzing about it for the last several years, as the mk8 has a solid feature set and sells for a decent discount to the TT. Yours is the first statement I've heard since the mk8 came out that has praised its optical quality. That said perhaps it matches with your vision and provides a comparable resolution to the TT, or maybe leupold is tired of being relatively overlooked in the civilian tactical/competition market and made a upgrade in the glass and/or RX.

Nope, I don't have either, but spent some time with them. I believe the TT has the same optical prescription as its predecessor Premier, which I owned at one time and was to me the best glass I've ever had. The Schmidts I've had were brighter, but the Premier could resolve finer details to my eyes. I've owned several high end Leupolds, and while solid scopes, they didn't hold a candle to the Premier.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick. If the Leupold mk8 was optically on par with the TT line, you'd hear guys buzzing about it for the last several years, as the mk8 has a solid feature set and sells for a decent discount to the TT. Yours is the first statement I've heard since the mk8 came out that has praised its optical quality. That said perhaps it matches with your vision and provides a comparable resolution to the TT, or maybe leupold is tired of being relatively overlooked in the civilian tactical/competition market and made a upgrade in the glass and/or RX.

TT scopes I have seen are a little better than Premier was although they are obviously based on the original Premier optical design. I suspect that there are assembly differences that are responsible for most of that.

ILya