• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advanced Marksmanship Marksman Training

brinkhdlow

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Wyoming, USA
I just recently went to an Advanced Observer/Marksman Course in Lehi Utah put on by Countermeasures Tactical Institute. The class was outstanding! I wondered if anyone had any other schools they would recommend for marksman units that are in the Midwest? Thanks.

Re: Marksman Training

Hey there. I actually live in Lehi and am looking for some good instruction/class. Would you recomend the one you went to in Lehi? How much do they charge and what was the focus of the instruction?

It is only offered to military and law enforcement just as a heads up. If you are able to go, I would highly recommend it. You need 250 rounds and I think it is right a $600.00 for five days (right at 50 hours). What the class focuses on is:
Achieve First Round Hit
Field Craft
Observing/Reporting/Recording
Stress Live Fire
Moving Targets
Immediate Action
Limited Visibility
Transparent Barriers
Extended Distance
Unknown Distance
It is an outstanding class and the instructor is an ex-Delta Force Commander by the name Doug Pechtel (one hell of an instructor)!
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the details. That sounds exactly what I am looking for. Regrettably, I am not military or law enforcement. If you know of any other good courses open to the average Joe let me know... Thanks in advance

I wish this was open to non .mil and non leo