• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Marlin 1895 Trapper 45-70 Reverted to factory condition (Prices amended)

Rcmf5525

Sua Sponte
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2022
Alabama
One of the new Ruger built Marlin 1895s. This is the Trapper model with a 16" barrel. I added a full length Midwest Industries hand guard and a Form adjustable stock. I also swapped trigger shoes and springs.
She is a beautiful shooter.
I put the first 20 rounds through it this week. Made clover leaves at 50 yards. Took it out to 300 and impacted a steel coyote at will. I have 3 boxes of LeverEvolutuon I'll include in the sale.
If you haven't seen a Form stock in person, they are impressive.
$2300 FFL to FFL

20230309_180337.jpg

Just to update, I would be open to trades, trades with cash, trades plus cash...

Im wanting to build a short action competition gun, so Terminus Zeus QC, Impact 737r, or Defiance Deviant actions... MDT, XLR, Manners, or MPA chassis... Kestrel 5700 elite

Ooooor, looking for a good duck gun... preferably Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus

Ooooor, Staccato P or CS

Last edited:
I am not in the market for a 45/70 but I have to ask a couple of questions. How long is the barrel? Does the scope come with it? If the scope doesn't come with it, are you looking to sell it seperately? This might be the coolest 45/70 I have ever seen! Bump it up! GLWS!

Reactions: Rcmf5525
I appreciate it!
Barrel is 19.1".

No, the scope is separate.

Every thing is for sale... lol
That's a Trijicon Credo 1-8 in a scalarworks LEAP mount. Probably $1600 retail together. I'd cut someone a deal on it if they bought it all.

Scope and mount solo is $1400.

I am not in the market for a 45/70 but I have to ask a couple of questions. How long is the barrel? Does the scope come with it? If the scope doesn't come with it, are you looking to sell it seperately? This might be the coolest 45/70 I have ever seen! Bump it up! GLWS!
Man I'll be honest, I looked up the barrel length on the Marlin website for the SBL. This is a Trapper model... it has a 16" barrel.
I'm editing the original post. Dumb mistake, my bad. I thought 19" seemed long....
The only differences in the two guns is the barrel length and the SBL has a pic rail standard.
I wanted the short barrel so when I added a can it wouldn't be a javelin...

I was asked the weight of the rifle in messages but I figured I'd post it here so I would have to answer the same question multiple times.

On my scale, with the optic, mount, and bipod, it weights 10.5 pounds.

Bump

I have all of the original furniture and hardware to take it back to factory if that's what someone wants. We can negotiate on that price.

The Form stock retails for $450 and the had guard is $330-ish...

I will have no issue selling those parts separately elsewhere.

Last edited:
Got her stripped down to factory. $1300 shipped

I left the Ranger Point Precision trigger shoe, springs, offset hammer, and loading gate installed.

Still open to trades....

20231223_232008.jpg

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a Springfield waypoint 2020 6.5 cm with carbon barrel and q. Cherry bomb.

Attachments

• IMG_9012.jpeg
    IMG_9012.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8429.jpeg
    IMG_8429.jpeg
    824.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8431.jpeg
    IMG_8431.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8420.jpeg
    IMG_8420.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 34
I like to pride myself in being an honest guy, and not a price gouger what-so-ever.... I had too many people saying I was asking too much for this rifle, so I did a little more digging.
When I first posted it, I couldn't find my invoice. For some reason, I thought I paid between $1800 and $2000 for the rifle. I looked on GunBroker to see what they were selling for, and that only cemented that amount....
I finally found my original invoice. I paid $1300 for the gun.
My asking prices were, at least, $500 too high.

I will be amend the posting. Sorry for the mistake.

Reactions: Keith E.