• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

marlin model 60 accurizing.

Re: marlin model 60 accurizing.

Interesting. I've had mine for over 23 years
smile.gif
and have wondered the same in the past. For now it's still a plinker.

jephs,
Check out Rimfire Central they have some good information there. I have also had one for decades and it is a great plinker but really have not exercised the idea of accurizing it given I shoot my bolt gun .22's when trying to shoot one ragged hole. Good luck on your quest and please post what you find as you have got me thinking what kind of accuracy I could squeeze out of it and I am sure there a few hundred other Model 60 owners thinking the same thing.

Danel

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with an old 60 out there, and really it's not so much trying to make it a one-ragged-hole shooter, as much as it is me not being able to leave well enough alone. I shoot it, so I might as well try to make it shoot better. And since I already have a 10/22 hotrod, and a bolt .22 hotrod, I'd like to see if I can keep this on the lighter side so I can still carry it to blast bunnies. I'll check out the link.

Mine sat for many many years without seing the light of day. This past January my son dug it out, cleaned her up and took her out shooting.

It does well with Federal Gold to at least 100yds with an el'cheapo 3-9x40. Not shooting for groups there but steel off hand. At 50yd it's respectable I suppose for what it is.

I'll probably leave her as is and just shoot & clean.

good for you!!! my first gun i got when i was 10 years old was a marlin model 60. shot it for the first time in years last month. did respectable on 2in square swinging targets at 100 yds vs savage mk 2's. I hope to pass it on to my 2 year son when hes old enough

yeah I'm looking at floating the barrel. but with the tube feed I am looking into disconnecting it from the barrel so I can float it completely. I have found a lot of good info (starting with a good trigger job) on rimfirecentral. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but some of those guys are getting phenomenal accuracy out them. I really don't want to spend the money on having my smith install a barrel and there are no drop ins that I am aware of.