• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft MARPAT spray paint?

camomallninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
I am looking to paint my rifle in MARPAT does anyone know what spray paint and colors I should use?

Re: MARPAT spray paint?

Krylon Camo

OD
Tan
Brown
Black

Shit, i think that's all the colors. Who gives a crap. Paint away

I looked up the brown and it looks like something I flushed this morning.
I cant find the coyote brown they use in MARPAT.
And I don't think it's OD green.

Well it's green

The brown is supposed to be. Brown

Not marpat but look at my rifle. Brown good.

Painted rifle. Rifle forum

...ok maybe a hair bit last night

Well the green is what it's supposed to be...green. And out of the can, it is extremely close to OD.

Out of the can, all of the colors look different.
I might also add that the colors are almost on spot with USMC MARPAT BDU's

I am also using these colors for a USMC build.

I got some of that Krylon Camoflauge paint from the PX last year. Put it on the table and left it there for my wife to pick up. She picks up the can and asks...
"Does it really spray out like this? How does it work?"
"Well honey, the can is divided up inside into three sections. When you push the little spray button, it comes out with all three colors so all you do is wave it around in swirls to make real camoflauge"
She totally went for it until I
grin.gif
lost it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got some of that Krylon Camoflauge paint from the PX last year. Put it on the table and left it there for my wife to pick up. She picks up the can and asks...
"Does it really spray out like this? How does it work?"
"Well honey, the can is divided up inside into three sections. When you push the little spray button, it comes out with all three colors so all you do is wave it around in swirls to make real camoflauge"
She totally went for it until I
grin.gif
lost it</div></div>

Consider yourself luck to still be alive! Thats some funny shit.. :>)

you laugh at things like this but one of our new guys comes up to me when repainting a truck and asks me where to find the camo spray paint to touch up the truck. I asked him what he meant he said he could only find black green and brown. He was looking for the actual CAMO spray paint can..... this.... from Marines...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USFCLASSTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Krylon Camo

OD
Tan
Brown
Black <--- use gray not black its more natural -you are trying to break up shape/ form of the 5 ''S'''s

Shit, i think that's all the colors. Who gives a crap. Paint away

</div></div>