• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MARS Rail Questions?

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
Cannot find the answers anywhere through numerous searches. Any help would be appreciated.

Remington 700 S/A MARS Rail

1 - How large of a barrel profile can you use with these? I'm assuming at least M24 contour size? What about Heavy Varmint or MTU?

2 - When it's a 20-moa rail, are both the day optic and CNVD rail sections 20-moa, or just the day optic rail section?

3 - What's the step height between the two rail sections.

Thanks!

Cannot find the answers anywhere through numerous searches. Any help would be appreciated.

Remington 700 S/A MARS Rail

1 - How large of a barrel profile can you use with these? I'm assuming at least M24 contour size? What about Heavy Varmint or MTU?

2 - When it's a 20-moa rail, are both the day optic and CNVD rail sections 20-moa, or just the day optic rail section?

3 - What's the step height between the two rail sections.

Thanks!

I can get answers for Qs 2 and 3 (and maybe Q1) for you when I get home, assuming someone doesn’t chime in prior, as my Mod 5 uses the 20 MOA Remington MARS rail. Before the rifle was built to spec as a Mk13M5, I had a bartlein m24 contour barrel on that same Remington long action with the MARS rail serving as the scope base. It worked no problem.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Can anyone running one of these rails confirm the max barrel contour? I’m trying to determine for a MIRS (not sure on difference in sizing between MARS/MIRS). Do 1.250” shanks fit? Or has to be M24 (1.200”) contour? Thanks.

I had issues with a MARS on my barrel profile. Pretty sure it was a 1.25, will measure and let you know.

Reactions: crowe938
With MIRS i can confirm is 1.25.
I have a Krieger HV#17 contour and fit perfectly ..

Actually, I use the PRI long scope bases, same idea, but different implementation, so can't help, sorry.

a #7 pac-nor works perfectly.

I doubt you'd put a fatter bbl on than that. It's a beast and a hammer.