• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marsupial Gear Spotting Scope Cases

LuckyDuck

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    1712988470161.png

1712988488606.png
    1712988505063.png

I hope that this can help someone. I posted a thread about looking for spotting scope cases a month or two ago and mentioned that I was eyeing up the Marsupial Gear offerings. Their website does provide a sizing guide link ( https://www.marsupialgear.com/pages/sizing-guide-for-spotting-scopes) but I wanted to share what I'm seeing since I haven't seen much posted here on personal experiences with the product.

The two spotting scopes I was trying to find the correct 'fit' for were the Vortex Razor 27-60x85 & the 22-48x65. The sizing guide on Marsupial's website would tell you that the 'Medium' sized case will fit both spotting scopes. Their measurements however are based off of the scope being 'naked' and should one chose to keep the Vortex provided neoprene casing on their scopes, then Marsupial's measurements might prove to be a bit 'off' for your intended uses.

I gambled on some of the reviews I read on their site suggesting to size up to the 'large' for the x85 for the same reason and I'm certainly glad that I did. In the pictures above you'll see the Coyote Brown in size Medium with the x65 spotting scope in there with the neoprene cover and it's rather snug. The Ranger Green case has the x85 scope in it (again with the neoprene cover) and it still fits like a glove.

Should you not be interested in having the neoprene cover on whichever similar sized spotting scope- I'm sure you'd be able to pull it off with the x65 and Marsupial is likely correct that you'd be able to fit the x85 but dang it'd be an awfully tight fit. Hopefully the last two pictures show the clearances I'm seeing with both cases/sizes...

Aside from the actual sizing part- I have to say that I'm very happy with the materials and construction of the spotting scope cases. Having to purchase the shoulder strap separately is a bit of a bummer but I suppose that it is what it is there. Other than that- I'd say it's a very high quality/made in the USA product and I'm not regretting my purchase from them or my gamble of going with the 'Large' for the x85 for that matter.

I hope that helps!

-LD

Last edited:
    Reactions: kthomas