• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Martini MK111 ?

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
From what I can gather, only old geezers like myself shoot the Martini rimfire rifles. I was going through the safe the other day and I see the old bessie in the back corner neglected. I gotta get a scope on her and get her to the range. One hole with good ammo if I can remember correctly. So many antiques, so little time. These new rifles are way too expensive for me anyhoo. It seems the CZ line has gone through the roof, but I’m sure they are not alone.

I had a few MKII Internationals for a short while. Wish I still did, they were phenomenal, but money was tight and they’re a pretty niche rifle so I let them go.

But I REALLY want another, good ones punch well above their weight class!

If I could ever find one at a decent price, having old classics is my thing.
I much prefer classic steel and wood, and enjoy shooting them more than my modern stuff.
I wouldn’t want to beat up an old classic in NRL on barricades and stuff, but for my clubs benchrest and offhand silhouette matches they would be great.
most I see are a bit more than I want to spend on what would be essentially a spare every now and then rifle

I must be in the old geezer club. Mk 2 International
image_33623.jpg

Accurate fun to shoot and usually gets a few admirers at the range.

The weight keeps them from some matches here in the states. A lot of us old geezers like them because they are so accurate. My two will make groups at fifty meters yo can cover with a dime. They are so well made they will last forever with proper care.

Reactions: SmileMaker
Is this the normal going rate for them in the US - https://www.gunbroker.com/item/928677213 - ?

They’re relatively cheap in the UK - no real desire for them from most people!

yes a typical good condition martini 22 will run run about 600-700 US dollars. there are not real common here.
I see prices in England are very low, too bad there wasn’t an easy way to buy them and shop them to the states

They are so well made they will last forever with proper care.
Except that extractor ejector, it cracks relatively easily but they are also easy to replace (y)
5BC37FA3-27CE-4638-9774-EBFA1EA2AB11.jpeg

And the little firing pin nipple deforms over time but again, easy enough to replace or fix

Then gain maybe they fixed those issues in the subsequent generations as Ive got a 1
D18364A7-2237-4DD6-95FF-802B7296C5C9.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s interesting is that both my bsa martinis, mki and a model 12 prefer every lot of lapua centerx to every lot of eley match that I’ve tried with them.
Which is admittedly only a handful of lots on two rifles but still interesting I thought that however many years later it lined up still.

What’s interesting is that both my bsa martinis, mki and a model 12 prefer every lot of lapua centerx to every lot of eley match that I’ve tried with them.
Which is admittedly only a handful of lots on two rifles but still interesting I thought that however many years later it lined up still.

If I get one I’ll see how it does with RWS R50. That’s performed best in my Annie, beating out Tenex.

I need an update. I bought a BSA Martini MK IV last week and it will be here Tuesday. It was rated 98% with a mint bore, no sights but it has scope blocks and it is getting a scope. Our club has a a geezers and 22's benchrest 100 yds shoot every Friday when the weather is nicer and I wanted something accurate and more interesting to shoot. We have the Vudoo and $1000 dollar front rest crew and some old guys and the Model 52 they have had since they shot as juniors, lol.

If this works it will be awesome. Pictures to follow if you guys are interested.

I owned a MkIII with lightweight tapered barrel, awesome rifle and a pinnacle action design in this series (I prefer clamped barrels).
I should get back into prone and position shooting!

Well the Mark IV is apparently a Mark V according to my research and the serial number. It is a left-handed rifle and they had the same prefix for both versions. It is a heavy barrel gun with scope blocks and it hammers. The thing to do is find a suitable scope with 20x or more in magnification.

1702618529135.jpeg
1702618600719.jpeg

The local gun cub has an informal 100 yd benchrest match during the spring and summer. I thought this might be the perfect gun for some recreational shooting. Sadly, the only scope I currently own that fits it is an 8x USMC snipe repro scope. Today was kind of overcast, 38 degrees and damp. No ideal conditions to say the least but after getting dialed in the thing really shot well. If I could have seen the bullseye I think the group would have been about 6/10ths of an inch for all fifteen shoots. I fired about 60 shots and the core groups were all .5 inch or so. The trigger was a nice crisp 1/2 pound or so.