• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Maryland Shooters?

it's prob 2 hours from balto, but peacemaker (below hagerstown and above winchester) has various prs matches out to 1200yds. then there's the mason dixon prs series.

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/profiles/clubs/NE

I've dealt with Peacemaker before, the only i'll go back is for a match....I am familiar with the Mason Dixon series.....I'm actually interested in joining the range that they shoot the Maryland match in up at Mayberry Protective Game Association, but I need to find a member that hasn't used up their sponsor slots for the year; Mayberry is only about an hour drive for me...

I've dealt with Peacemaker before, the only i'll go back is for a match....I am familiar with the Mason Dixon series.....I'm actually interested in joining the range that they shoot the Maryland match in up at Mayberry Protective Game Association, but I need to find a member that hasn't used up their sponsor slots for the year; Mayberry is only about an hour drive for me...

Did you have any luck getting in at Mayberry? I grew up 10 minutes from there and had no idea that place existed until this year.

I’ve been up to Mifflin County in centra PA a few times this year. It’s about a 2 hour trip for me coming from Baltimore city.

Did you have any luck getting in at Mayberry? I grew up 10 minutes from there and had no idea that place existed until this year.

I’ve been up to Mifflin County in centra PA a few times this year. It’s about a 2 hour trip for me coming from Baltimore city.
Negative...you have to be sponsored to get in as a member.....the recommendation was to go up there when they are having matches and talk to some of the people there.....are you a member at Mifflin? I'm down in Dundalk...

Reactions: Cornerstonearmory
Your best bet is the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. There are a dozen or so clubs you can look at to join without a waiting list. It would be about 45 minutes ride from Dundalk. For longer ranges look at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol in Delaware. Approximately 1.5 hours from you. They have Accross-the-course, Palma, midrange (600 yard) and long Range (1000 yard) matches.

Good luck

Jerry

[
Negative...you have to be sponsored to get in as a member.....the recommendation was to go up there when they are having matches and talk to some of the people there.....are you a member at Mifflin? I'm down in Dundalk...

Hey man! I’m right across the street in Canton, we’ll have to get together on time. Do you ever come into Freestate? I work there part time a few nights a week.

@tundramuscle03 - there is a Mid Atlantic Rimfire Series match there next weekend (11/10). I think there are still some slots open if you want to come up and shoot 22's. I'm not a member but I'm sure there will be some there and I know at least the match director is.
Your best bet is the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. There are a dozen or so clubs you can look at to join without a waiting list. It would be about 45 minutes ride from Dundalk. For longer ranges look at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol in Delaware. Approximately 1.5 hours from you. They have Accross-the-course, Palma, midrange (600 yard) and long Range (1000 yard) matches.

Good luck

Jerry

Good info! Thanks, didn’t know that place existed, I’ve only ever heard of Delmarva which is 500. :thumbs up:

Delmarva isn't that bad, haven't used their 500 range yet though.....always nice to find some neighbors! :D......been awhile since I've been to Freestate, probably the only thing I could bring in there is my P220.....are you anywhere near Canton Crossing? You don't happen to hunt do you?

Sorry for the delay, I caught a 30 day ban for picking a fight with a website sponsor. Lol

I am close to Canton crossing, I’m right off O’Donnell St., on the right before the Natty Boh towers if you’re headed into the city.
No I don’t currently hunt although I should.
Freestate allows rifles, on Thursday you can bring as big as you got. 50 BMG included. Now whether it’s worth to shoot a magnified rifle indoors is another question. Lol

Maybe you MD folks should hook up with us PA guys for Mifflin County Sportsman Club. No sponsorship, waiting list or anything like that. I'm in Lancaster, PA and it takes me 1 1/2 hour to get up there. Nice range. No uptight shooters or snobs. Maybe jump on the PA side of this thread and partner up.

Maybe you MD folks should hook up with us PA guys for Mifflin County Sportsman Club. No sponsorship, waiting list or anything like that. I'm in Lancaster, PA and it takes me 1 1/2 hour to get up there. Nice range. No uptight shooters or snobs. Maybe jump on the PA side of this thread and partner up.
I like it up there. I was just there this past Saturday DOPEing out my new rifle. Just wish the drive wasn’t like 2.5 hours for me.

Anyone get anything cool for Christmas? My wife got me a hog saddle Tri-pod. And I got myself the indoor training dry fire system. Both are amazing.

Yeah man that's what she wanted. Had to have that blue trigger. LOL

Wife got me a pair of Vortex Diamondback HD binos......Paul is a great guy that owns/runs Frontline...met him at a PRS match when he helped me out with my rifle jamming on a stage

Bang steel is a class by Roanoke VA that was recommended to me. Apparently the best place I the area closed (I think was called central Virginia Tactical) and i was told that they are referring people to Bang Steel

Central Virginia Tactical closed about 2-3 years ago. They were good, took a class with them. Bang Steel comes recommended, but I have not taken a class with them.

Good Luck

Jerry

I've been going to AGC for about six years. A couple of years ago I participated in MDPRS matches and I swear it ruined AGC for me! I've been to two places in PA, Mayberry, and Peacemaker. I'm on the wait-list for Peacemaker and have pretty much decided that this will be my last year purchasing an AGC membership. Delmarva's nice but getting across the bridge is a nightmare!

Best of luck
J

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
@MDrimfirerookie I bet, in fact my last few trips there all i took with me was my 22lr. You'd think that they'd keep pushing the 200yd side further out by this point.

i've heard every number of excuses why they can't, the most commonly parrotted one is the fact there is unforgiving terrain behind the berm and they just can't get all the HUGE boulders out easily to get to 300 yards...

the shenanigans with getting the action bays off the ground (the older leadership can't stand action shooting in general), the old boy network of policy making and the ever increasing range fee are also turning me off.

but its not enough to not renew because it is 15 minutes from my house and i can go there easily to check zero and dope out to 200 on my 22.

Reactions: Jcrios014
@MDrimfirerookie I get where you're coming from and yeah the fees are getting out of hand. I know someone mentioned Hap Baker and I think that's going to be what I do next year for load development.

I know this an old thread but, I'm here from Catonsville, MD. I normally go to Hap Baker to sight in and test out new loads. Only a 25-minute drive. They have up to 200yds and depending on the RO shooting prone is not a problem but can't do much else.
I also have a membership at Peacemaker but only get out there for LRC and Frontier Sundays on occasion. Wish the Frontier Range was open more often than once in a blue moon.

I used to make the trip to Mifflin the year before last, loved it even despite the 2-hour drive. But it does take some scheduling on my part. I even accumulated several poppers and gongs to take with me. Now that I have 4WD and want to practice more barricade stuff I plan on getting out there at least 2x a month.

I'll be headed to Frontline Defense later this month for the competition class if any of you guys are interested.

I go to Peacemaker often myself, and too wish they had more frontier days. Patriot is nice, but I wish they would push it back another 100 yards on Sundays, but I get why they cannot.

Interested in Mifflin. How hard was it to become a member being out of state? I skimmed through their webpage for a bit... looks like you gotta hit up some locals to request to join?

How is it on the weekends? I have some steel plates/frames I could setup at multiple distances and wouldn’t mind the drive, just don’t know how accommodating the shooting line is.

@MDrimfirerookie I get where you're coming from and yeah the fees are getting out of hand. I know someone mentioned Hap Baker and I think that's going to be what I do next year for load development.

I was going to Hap Baker and decided to try AGC. I didnt like it for multiple reasons but the straw that broke my back was the action bays being perpendicular to the 200 yard range. RSOs told me one girl was hit in the shoulder by a ricochet (was not hurt) and I heard two rounds go overhead.

I am back to Hap Baker as it's cheaper, and I can check my dope for my 22 at 25, 50, 100 and 200 in less than 30 min vs waiting on the barnes range.

I was a member of AGC for more than 25 years. I've been fed all of the crap from them until I stopped buying a range badge about 4 years ago. I dropped my membership all together this year. The straw that broke the camel's back... a $20 fee for every guest you bring to the range. This after lie after lie from the BoD.

Please talk to others if you plan on joining a club that makes up the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore.

PS, don't every ask them what happened to the money raised when they had a range clean up of all of the lead downrange.

delaware shooter that goes to md to shoot at alixander's sporting farm in north east md 600 yards loads of room it's a private club and the closest 600 yard range I have heard of near me besides bridgeville de that's supposed to have a 1000 yard range but I know no one there so getting in looks bleak

I was going to Hap Baker and decided to try AGC. I didnt like it for multiple reasons but the straw that broke my back was the action bays being perpendicular to the 200 yard range. RSOs told me one girl was hit in the shoulder by a ricochet (was not hurt) and I heard two rounds go overhead.

I am back to Hap Baker as it's cheaper, and I can check my dope for my 22 at 25, 50, 100 and 200 in less than 30 min vs waiting on the barnes range.

At first I was excited about the action bay, I thought "hey that's a good way to bring in people into the action sports" but when I saw that it was constructed perpendicular to the 200yd side it made me wonder about the logic of that decision. I get that the burms are higher to prevent any potential issues but still.... smh

Reactions: Swaim13
I was a member of AGC for more than 25 years. I've been fed all of the crap from them until I stopped buying a range badge about 4 years ago. I dropped my membership all together this year. The straw that broke the camel's back... a $20 fee for every guest you bring to the range. This after lie after lie from the BoD.

Please talk to others if you plan on joining a club that makes up the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore.

PS, don't every ask them what happened to the money raised when they had a range clean up of all of the lead downrange.

Oh that decision to charge that much for guest is ridiculous!

Oh that decision to charge that much for guest is ridiculous!

That' s with them shooting in your lane. They cannot shoot in their own lane. I do believe that this along with other changes over the years, will really hurt their membership numbers. I know I'll never set foot on that property again.

I go to Peacemaker often myself, and too wish they had more frontier days. Patriot is nice, but I wish they would push it back another 100 yards on Sundays, but I get why they cannot.

Interested in Mifflin. How hard was it to become a member being out of state? I skimmed through their webpage for a bit... looks like you gotta hit up some locals to request to join?

How is it on the weekends? I have some steel plates/frames I could setup at multiple distances and wouldn’t mind the drive, just don’t know how accommodating the shooting line is.

I drove one day during the week to one of the sporting good stores listed on their site. Purchased membership that day which included code to the gate. That was it. I would normally go one day during the week while everyone was at work I'd have a while range to myself, maybe one or two other people. That's when I started buying my own steel as well. No problem setting up just shout to the next person.hit the cease fire light and handle business. Weekends might be a bit busier though.
I accidentally let my Peacemaker membership lapse last month, so I'll be going back to Mifflin more this year. Which isn't that bad honestly.

I drove one day during the week to one of the sporting good stores listed on their site. Purchased membership that day which included code to the gate. That was it. I would normally go one day during the week while everyone was at work I'd have a while range to myself, maybe one or two other people. That's when I started buying my own steel as well. No problem setting up just shout to the next person.hit the cease fire light and handle business. Weekends might be a bit busier though.
I accidentally let my Peacemaker membership lapse last month, so I'll be going back to Mifflin more this year. Which isn't that bad honestly.

Damn, that is too easy. Not a bad price, either. I like the Sunrise/Sunset times. I’ll look into this. Thanks for the info!

i was gonna try and stay away from piling on but i can't resist. i agree the action bays are a disaster waiting to happen and i'm guessing the 2 fliers and the ricchoet are the "incidents" that aren't spoken of over on MD Shooters... surprised it took that long.

what i can't stand though is the fact they keep raising the prices with no appreciable increase in value for the member. it basically costs as much as peacemaker with 1/8 the value.

like i said, if it wasn't literally right around the corner, i would let my membership lapse. i'm actually trying to find a way to become a member at mayberry

like i said, if it wasn't literally right around the corner, i would let my membership lapse. i'm actually trying to find a way to become a member at mayberry

Have you gone to the MARS matches at Mayberry? You might be able to meet a member there to sponsor you. I am going to try and join there next year so I have time for their service requirement.

i was gonna try and stay away from piling on but i can't resist. i agree the action bays are a disaster waiting to happen and i'm guessing the 2 fliers and the ricchoet are the "incidents" that aren't spoken of over on MD Shooters... surprised it took that long.

what i can't stand though is the fact they keep raising the prices with no appreciable increase in value for the member. it basically costs as much as peacemaker with 1/8 the value.

The range badge has doubled in the last 15 years. At first, it was to pay down the mortgage to a house and property behind the range that was bought to protect the surrounding area. Everyone thought that was a smart move. The fees would only be increased while there was a mortgage (15 years). Fast forward to last year. Somehow they came up with BIG money to build that gigantic pole barn. When asked what money was used to pay for that. There response was they have only been paying interest only on the mortgage AND that they were going to increase the range badge fees again.

There was a really large lead cleaning project at each range. Something that hasn't been done in well over 30 years. The lead was sold and as of today, no one knows where that money went. We're talking 30 years. How much lead do you think they took out of there? It had to be worth 10's of thousands of dollars. But no one can seem to find where the money is.

That's why I quit!

Have you gone to the MARS matches at Mayberry? You might be able to meet a member there to sponsor you. I am going to try and join there next year so I have time for their service requirement.

yeah i'm pretty much a series regular with the MARS matches. i think i only missed 2 last year. this year will be harder since there are multiple matches on the same day some weekends.

that service requirement is the one thing holding me back. i know there are a couple of people i could talk to about sponsoring me

Reactions: Lunchbox27

This is why I didn’t renew my membership to AGC. I just couldn’t justify the price when Peacemaker is cheaper. Granted, AGC is close to me, but I’m not keeping $200 a year membership to check my zero/load develop.

Good luck with Mayberry. I tried for years. Could never get anyone to contact me back.

This is why I didn’t renew my membership to AGC. I just couldn’t justify the price when Peacemaker is cheaper. Granted, AGC is close to me, but I’m not keeping $200 a year membership to check my zero/load develop.

Good luck with Mayberry. I tried for years. Could never get anyone to contact me back.

That being said, I think that's part of the reason I wasn't in a hurry to renew my Peacemekaer membership this year. I had been a member for close to four years. Often the only opportunity to shoot past 300 yards (on the public side) was Frontier days and the long-range challenge matches. Both of which became sporadic in scheduling, (I'm guessing because of needed RO's) and you still had to pay a fee regardless of membership status. The Patriot range was hardly ever available when I first started. Even then it was only 1,000 or 500 yds depending on the day with nothing in between. So if you wanted to gather dope or practice at a different distance it was difficult.

The range is still awesome and the people are great. But after doing the math, and for my needs which is mostly long-range stuff, I make out better saving the annual dues and just paying for the LRC matches and the frontier days.

I just came back from Frontline defense In NC and man, that place is heaven. Two 1000 yard rifle ranges, covered and elevated decks, steel, barricades, pistol bays, I know I'm left out a ton of other stuff. If it wasn't a 4-hour drive I would've purchased my membership yesterday. In fact, I am still considering joining. Even if I only go one weekend a month I'd consider that a damn good value.

Last edited:
That being said, I think that's part of the reason I wasn't in a hurry to renew my Peacemekaer membership this year. I had been a member for close to four years. I'm mostly but often the only opportunity to shoot past 300 yards (on the public side) was Frontier days and the long-range challenge matches. Both of which became sporadic in scheduling, (I'm guessing because of needed RO's) and you still had to pay a fee regardless of membership status. The Patriot range was hardly ever available when I first started and when it was it was just 1,000 or 500 yds depending on the day with nothing in between. So if you wanted to gather dope or practice at a different distance it was difficult.

The range is still awesome and the people are great. But after doing the math, and for my needs which is mostly long-range stuff, I make out better saving the annual dues and just paying for the LRC matches and the frontier days.

I just came back from Frontline defense In NC and man, that place is heaven. Two 1000 yard rifle ranges covered and elevated decks, steel, barricades, pistol bays, I know I'm left out a ton of other stuff. If it wasn't a 4-hour drive I would've purchased my membership yesterday. In fact, I am still considering joining. Even if I only go one weekend a month I'd consider that a damn good value.

I agree. I was hoping Peace would drop their pricing on Frontier, or make Patriot more accessible. Holding out hope for the second. Granted, moving that road to the bays would be a PITA.

Frontline looks awesome. I’ll have to check that out.

Reactions: BravoXray
Peacemaker's membership is $200 per year. Please explain how that is cheaper than AGC at $200?

$200 for the range badge. you need to also hold a membership in a club there. i think i pay $25 for my membership and that is on the cheap end. there are other clubs that cost more. so its actually $225 for me.

Peacemaker's membership is $200 per year. Please explain how that is cheaper than AGC at $200?

Every year they run a promotion for $150 renewal. I haven't paid $200 since I first signed up 3 years ago. Again, there is more to Peacemaker than 100 yards.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie