• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Massachusetts

Re: Massachusetts

Wife got into HLS... I got into HBS. Probably won't have a whole lot of time for shooting, but thought I would see if anyone here was from around those parts.

Truly feel sorry for your shooting hobby. Congrats on HLS and HBS for you and your wife however. I lived there for a while, in fact grew up there. Glad that I moved.

When you move there, don't take your firearms with you. You need a license just to have your weapons. Violating this is going to be very costly. Get the permit first and then you can bring the weapons. Good luck

good deal. be aware of the boston assualt rifle ban if bringing toys with you. good site to read up on the rules and regs of mass is northeastshooters.com

Among the choices you listed, Watertown propably has the best chance of getting a permit that you may carry also. I used to have a Class A unrestricted permit. Boston, Cambridge and Allston are very hard to persuade them to give you a Class A permit, let alone unrestricted Class A. BTW, Silencers and Class III weapons are NO NO unless you have a Class III permit. Last I heard, there were only two in the Boston proper. A good friend of mine has one.

where do you shoot up in shelbourne? pretty land up there by the mohawk trail.

Member at Franklin county sportsman club. They have a 100 and 200 yard range. I found a power line cut about a hour away I can shoot 1300 or 1400 yards. Farther than I can:)

Hey all- I'm in MA. I started an email list called NE Tactical since I realized there were scattered and under-served tactical-minded folks throughout the Northeast without real cohesion or a range to call their own. Drop me a PM if you'd like to be added. We're planning our first meetup in the next few weeks. Basically if you're sick of all the wood hunting rifles and duplex reticles you're seeing out there on the line, come join us
wink.gif

I grew up in Mass and I miss it except for the gun laws (all my family is in Mass in the Newton, Wellesley and even Plymouth area). Now I'm in Florida but hate it except the weather 4 months of the year and the gun laws
smile.gif
Lived in Vermont for a while and think that may be my eventual living spot
smile.gif

Hey guys i shoot at the New Bedford gun range its a 500yd range I'm planing on heading out there in a few week if someone would like to join me you are more then welcome to. The only problem is that only 1 person who is not a member of the range can join me at a time. The range is located on woodcock rd in Dartmouth MA and is cheap to join $60 to $100 range depending where you live. So if you want to check it out let me know.

im in MA too, got a 700 with no place to stretch it out, not even sure if its legal to shoot on the powerlines but i want to. where do u guys shoot that has a range of more than 200 yds?

Just met someone at the range yesterday asking the same questions. Man, shooting along the powerlines is definitely NOT a good idea and NOT recommended. Too many people take walks down them and lots of residential areas you can't see. If you get caught they'll pull your permits, take your guns and you could get really screwed legally.

Technically it's all private property owned by the power company. I've seen them press charges or tresspass. Same with the train tracks.

Not a gun friendly state we live in. Try to find a range in NH or the closest bordering state. There's a 500 yard range in New Bedford mentioned earlier. Never been there so can't recommend it. I think 99% of ranges in MA are 100-200 yards only. Too crowded.

I feel your pain! If you happen to find a place or some private proprty that will allow it please let me know!

Harvard Sportsman club is a good place to shoot. Just outside the 495 belt and they have a 300 yard range. I'm there for pistol everday after work and every couple weeks I take a vacation day to shoot a milsurp. Bigger and better things coming this summer I hope.

I shoot at Harvard also. Great club. They also have a camp site. You can hunt and fish on the property also.

The Reading Rifle also has a 600 yard practice on Tuesady mornings. I think it only costs $5.00 to shoot from 0900-1200 hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot at Harvard also. Great club. They also have a camp site. You can hunt and fish on the property also.

The Reading Rifle also has a 600 yard practice on Tuesady mornings. I think it only costs $5.00 to shoot from 0900-1200 hours. </div></div>

do you have to be a member or can you just shoot for $5?

The Reading Rifle you do not have to be a member. You do have to be a member at Harvard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Reading Rifle you do not have to be a member. You do have to be a member at Harvard. </div></div>

thats awesome, do they only do the 600 on tuesday?

does this place have a website?

Hey Ian...when are you going to Dartmouth again? I'd really like to check it out.

The website is readinghighpower.com
The next 600 yard practice is July 24th on their website. On the left hand side click on 2012 match calendar. The calendar only states 600 yard prone practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IanWRX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My offer is still on the table if anyone is interested. </div></div>

ide like to check that place out too, sucks that u can only have 1 guest at a time, lemme know if u wanna go soon. what do u use when u shoot there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bullitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ide like to check that place out too, sucks that u can only have 1 guest at a time, lemme know if u wanna go soon. what do u use when u shoot there? </div></div>

usually my Rem 700 and i finish off the day with my Glock, but i most likely will bring my new to me p229.

thats cool, are there ever any competitions around here? i feel like thatd be alot of fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bullitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats cool, are there ever any competitions around here? i feel like thatd be alot of fun </div></div>
What kind of competitions in particular?
Reading hosts highpower/F class competitions, and Harvard has USPSA/IDPA. Harvard also hosts a three day LE Sniper competition/training in the fall and members can observe the shooting portion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bullitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats cool, are there ever any competitions around here? i feel like thatd be alot of fun </div></div>
What kind of competitions in particular?
Reading hosts highpower/F class competitions, and Harvard has USPSA/IDPA. Harvard also hosts a three day LE Sniper competition/training in the fall and members can observe the shooting portion. </div></div>

what do u do in the reading highpower/f lass comps? and idk but a 2 man spotter/shooter comp would be so damn fun