• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Master Piece Arms customer service?

jebruns

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2024
Rogers, AR
First post here, although I've been reading a lot. Wanting to get a chassis for my Tikka T3X Super Varmint. I've found out there is a TON to learn about stocks and chassis, and the info here is great in helping me along.

Of the contenders are a couple of chassis from Master Piece Arms. I have a few questions for them and have left them 2 messages in the last 2 days. But have not received any contact from them. I have contacted MDT and KRG also, and they have been great. I like MPA's chassis but it's kind of hard to go that way when pre-sales communication is difficult. For anyone that has worked with them, is this typical? Not meaning to say anything bad about them. I read a lot good about their products. But customer service is important to me.

Thanks

I've got three MPA rifles and have gotten awesome customer service on easy stuff, and great support with one really hard problem.
Don't judge their service responsiveness in the middle of Shot-Show ... everyone's CS is deficient during the big show.

I've got three MPA rifles and have gotten awesome customer service on easy stuff, and great support with one really hard problem.
Don't judge their service responsiveness in the middle of Shot-Show ... everyone's CS is deficient during the big show.
Thanks. But didn't the Shot Show end on 1/26?

I thought it was still going on, based on all the Youtube videos. I could be wrong.
My advice is to grab a phone, and call them live. I always either get them that way, or receive a fast call-back.
EMail is probably the slowest method of engagement for most gun companies' CS departments.

I've found their CS to be one extreme or another. My experience has been the absolute worst of any company I've dealt with.
A prime example is: The local range owner/ match director and I both ordered a scope mount. Same P/N, same day, two hours apart (mine was the later of the two). His was delivered 3 days later, with mine having no response as to order verification but CC charged.
5 working days later, sent email to find out what's going on. Nothing.
Call 3 WD after that, no answer.
2 WD later, another email. Response was someone was out sick, and also the mount was OOS. Follow up with asking for refund, no response after 2 days.
Had to have CC company take care of it.
This being said, some people have great luck with them, me, not so much.

I've never had an issue with them and it's been the best customer service I've experienced from any firearms company.

I had them build me a full riffle. It wasn't grouping well. About 2.5-3 inch groups. I tried all available factory ammo. This is before I started reloading. I talked to Phil (owner) a few times. He stated that if I wanted to shoot factory ammo then I would have to buy a tuner. However at the start of the build they said it would be .50 MOA for a 3 shot group. I sent the riffle back and the owner load up some ammo and shot 3 3 shot groups under half MOA. Would not give me load details. Woody was great to work with and so was Lisa. I traded that 300 PRC for a 338 Lapua and had GAP build me a 300 PRC. I lost money, however that is fine as I will never do business with them. Who tells someone that they have to put a tuner on if you want to shoot factory ammo? I reload now, however my GAP 300 PRC with factory ammo is under ,50 MOA for 5 shots. It does better with my handloads. I know several people with them and have no issues. I guess they didn't want to replace the barrel. That is all I asked for. I wish you nothing but good experiences with them.

PS.
Also the barrel was hitting the night vision bridge under recoil. They said that was the first issue. They sent me spacers to install so the barrel would not hit it. It still shot horrible.

I had a problem with a chassis and the owner got back to me within 24 hours. That was with email. I was really pleased.

They’ve been pretty good. Woody gets back as soon as possible and gets the issue taken care of as best as possible. Phil, same way. My third chassis is on the way under a Vudoo 360.

Needed a spring for the ball bearing detent for the cheek riser. Got back to me quickly and sent me a couple of new springs. Can't remember if they charged me or not, but if they did it was not very much and I received the springs quickly.

I had some questions about their BA mount. I got several detailed emails back and forth in a very timely manner. He provided recommendations and reasons to support them in a respectful and personal way. Based on my limited experience, I'd say their CS was well above the industry norm. I thought he was great.

Last edited:
Their CS is absolutely top notch. Something’s up here.
Like I said, you're either one of the cool kids, or you're an unworthy peasant. I've never heard of someone saying their CS was just OK. It's either the best or worst.
I just got reminded of the time they tried to ship me a rifle that @Maddybrook purchased from them. Initially it was an honest mistake since both
our first and last names are only one letter difference. But after them continually arguing that I had actually made the purchase, I reached out to him to contact MPA. Coincidentally, he had purchased a scope from me for said rifle and had mentioned to me he had an MPA rifle on order.

Reactions: Maddybrook
Like I said, you're either one of the cool kids, or you're an unworthy peasant. I've never heard of someone saying their CS was just OK. It's either the best or worst.
I just got reminded of the time they tried to ship me a rifle that @Maddybrook purchased from them. Initially it was an honest mistake since both
our first and last names are only one letter difference. But after them continually arguing that I had actually made the purchase, I reached out to him to contact MPA. Coincidentally, he had purchased a scope from me for said rifle and had mentioned to me he had an MPA rifle on order.
Yeah, this right here. I've had good expierence with MPA and a bad expierence. If you say anything remotely that Phil doesn't agree with that's when things tend to go downhill.

Also have a friend that bought a rifle from them that the barrel had issues and they basically refused to resolve it.

Reactions: kindabitey
Excellent story that I've told a hundred times. Had I not bought that scope from you who knows how long it would've taken for me to get my chassis from them!

Reactions: kindabitey
I've bought small things from them. arca adapters, tripods etc. Never had an issue with them. I've seen their rifles at competitions and they're top notch

Hell my very first rifle, back in 2019, was a pmr. I took it to a 3 day class and was having some extraction issues. Contacted mpa and they said send it in. They reached back out a week later and said they scoped it and found a gouge somewhere in there so they just rebarreled it and sent it back (it had over 500 rounds on it mind you). Never once did they even ask how I cleaned it or anything insinuating that I could have caused it. I was brand new to long range shooting and immediately knew they were going to be a go to if I needed anything. Most of the same people I communicated with back then over this issue are still the same people working there today.

I have no doubt there have been some bad experiences, but I also know some people LOVE to tell one sided stories on the internet that make these companies look bad when it was 100% the end user’s fault. What I’m highly confident of is that while there are some bad stories out there, the vast majority of experiences with mpa cs is positive.

Reactions: Stavey
@FLguy55 I'm not passing on my experiences to make them look bad. They don't need my help with that. And it's not the end users fault when they don't communicate.

My whole point is to let people know it ain't all unicorns and rainbows with MPA.

Last edited:
Reactions: rookie7
I also know some people LOVE to tell one sided stories on the internet that make these companies look bad when it was 100% the end user’s fault. What I’m highly confident of is that while there are some bad stories out there, the vast majority of experiences with mpa cs is positive.
It's difficult for any company to turn a bad situation or problem into a great experience
Good experiences are taken for granted and under reported
Bad experiences tend to be the last

If you say anything remotely that Phil doesn't agree with that's when things tend to go downhill.
Sounds like the perfect way to stage for bad experiences, probably why I never heard back from MPA

All of my experiences with MPA have been great. Both Woody & Phil have been very responsive. Phil actually had a piece machined to assist in the magnetospeed interface with one of my rifles, free of charge.