• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Masterpiece Arms Competition Side rails

JLP.Payette

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
Anyone tried these yet? Looks like an awesome upgrade for the MPA Chassis.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any updates on these?
I received mine and mounted them.. They look and feel great but they made my ARCA rail unusable. I tried 2 different RRS clamps, an area 419 clamp, and a Grey ops mini plate. The only clamp that worked was the Area 419 clamp and it barely cleared. The others wouldn't clear the side rails. I sent MPA my findings and they were working on a solution but I haven't heard back.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
I received mine and mounted them.. They look and feel great but they made my ARCA rail unusable. I tried 2 different RRS clamps, an area 419 clamp, and a Grey ops mini plate. The only clamp that worked was the Area 419 clamp and it barely cleared. The others wouldn't clear the side rails. I sent MPA my findings and they were working on a solution but I haven't heard back.

So, the rails got in the way of the knobs or levers?

So, the rails got in the way of the knobs or levers?
Yes, all the clamps I tried were the versions with knobs. I was told the MPA clamps and the Grey ops mini plate pro were both tested and worked fine. I'm sure the RRS lever clamps would work fine but cant say for sure.

Yes, all the clamps I tried were the versions with knobs. I was told the MPA clamps and the Grey ops mini plate pro were both tested and worked fine. I'm sure the RRS lever clamps would work fine but cant say for sure.

That’s unfortunate. Pretty easy to have one of all the popular clamps and testing them. Takes about 5 minutes.

The Batwings do help with stability. They are a little unwieldy when moving to position, but the MPA is very close to the KRG now. I would give the edge to the MPA now, where before preferred the KRG. I will put the greyops weight on to balance, then I will shoot a match or 2 with it and see how it goes.

Reactions: JLP.Payette
RRS knob clamp will not work. MPA RAT clamp works. RRS lever works but you need to push the rails up as far as possible while tightening.

It almost doubled the width of the chassis bottom. I find it to be more stable, but that’s just my opinion. I think it depends on what bag you are using, type of fill, and how you run the rifle.

So while I'm here, I have the internal weight kit installed but I don't have the little oval shaped washers in place. They don't allow the side rails to sit flush to the chassis so I only have the longer screws holding the weights in place along with the t-nuts holding the side rails.

How did you all install your side rails and internal weights?

So while I'm here, I have the internal weight kit installed but I don't have the little oval shaped washers in place. They don't allow the side rails to sit flush to the chassis so I only have the longer screws holding the weights in place along with the t-nuts holding the side rails.

How did you all install your side rails and internal weights?
The longer screws included bolt directly to the internal weight iirc.

The longer screws included bolt directly to the internal weight iirc.
I left those oval washers out. I installed just like this. I wanted to see if others installed the oval washers for the weights and then the side rails over those creating a small gap between the chassis and side rails. Thanks for responding.

I ordered a set with the grey ops weights that can be added to the side of these. Installed fairly easily but have already had two of the screw holes that hold the additional weights strip out.

No torque instructions with either the rails or add on weights. Was careful when tightening but still a screw striped out. After the first screw stripped out was very careful to not over-tighten the rails or remaining weights. Had both rails start coming loose during the first match. Luckily I had a set of Allen wrenches in my bag and had another weight screw strip when putting everything back together.

Not impressed with the lack of instructions or engineering. Now I can start figuring out how to tap a larger screw and drill the weight out so I can continue to use.

Reactions: Mina_