• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Masterpiece arms lead times??

and1globetrot00

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Virginia
Does anyone know if masterpiece arms lead times that are posted on their website are accurate or not. I'm looking to buy a 6mm creedmoor pmr rifle from them but waiting 20-24 weeks is STEEP. Anyone bought something from them with a less than listed wait time?

I bought a Matrix from them a few months ago. They were accurate to the week. If it says 20-24 weeks, assume it will be 24. They were really easy to deal with and I would buy from them again, fwiw.

Got my MPA PMR PRO in April and it was on the front of the lead time window.

Does anyone know if masterpiece arms lead times that are posted on their website are accurate or not. I'm looking to buy a 6mm creedmoor pmr rifle from them but waiting 20-24 weeks is STEEP. Anyone bought something from them with a less than listed wait time?

for me personally its been longer than published times. All I ordered was a but stock in a very stock color they use often, and a butt pad and its 2 weeks behind suggested. I even emailed and asked and they said it would have been here this past week and havnt seen anything

24 weeks seems very conservative (and excessive) to me. The last Matrix chassis I bought was quoted at 5 weeks (early 2020) and was delivered in 12 weeks. The real kicker was, when I called at 6 weeks to inquire about delivery, I was told "it's only been 6 weeks, you'll get it when it's finished" with no estimate of delivery. Pretty much like they didn't GAF about lead times.
If you're dead set on a MPA chassis, call Jessie Cook at Sterling Precision. They have all the action, barrels, chassis you could want in stock.

Reactions: and1globetrot00
Thanka guys. I may just go ahead and put my order in and in the mean time try to search for reloading components for the 6mm. I've done the math and trying to put together a barreled action with trigger in the ba chassis is just wayyy over the $2000 price tag of the pmr. The mpa/curtis barreled action they sell has a lesser wait time but when u have to buy the trigger and chassis separate, it equals out way more.

24 weeks seems very conservative (and excessive) to me. The last Matrix chassis I bought was quoted at 5 weeks (early 2020) and was delivered in 12 weeks. The real kicker was, when I called at 6 weeks to inquire about delivery, I was told "it's only been 6 weeks, you'll get it when it's finished" with no estimate of delivery. Pretty much like they didn't GAF about lead times.
If you're dead set on a MPA chassis, call Jessie Cook at Sterling Precision. They have all the action, barrels, chassis you could want
I'll give him a shout. Thanks!

Reactions: kindabitey
Look at the American Rifle Company rifle. A little bit more but it comes ready to rock and I think doesn't have that lead time. Last one I got shipped within the week.

Look at the American Rifle Company rifle. A little bit more but it comes ready to rock and I think doesn't have that lead time. Last one I got shipped within the week.
I've ordered a Xylo, some misc. parts, and an Archimedes action within the last 6-8 months (4 or 5 separate orders). All were
shipped the same day.
It doesn't get much better than American Rifle Co. Granted, Ted's a bit eccentric, but most people that smart generally are.

You may also want to try reaching out to the list of MPA Dealers on their website. I wanted a PMR Pro in 6.5 CM in left hand- a tough order with 18-20 weeks estimated lead time by MPA. I contacted Xtreme Guns and lucked out as they had one in stock. They swapped in a tungsten MPA BA Comp Chassis so I even got the color I wanted.

It took them about 8 weeks to get me mine I ordered it feb 4 and got it April 11th couldn’t be happier

Attachments

• 4FF601AF-62AE-4E51-8B1F-536DE0C93A29.jpeg
    4FF601AF-62AE-4E51-8B1F-536DE0C93A29.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 100