• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Masterpiece Arms MPA Matrix Pro chassis - short up close and personal video

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I recently upgraded the chassis on my PRS rifle from a MPA BA Comp to the MPA Matrix Pro. So far, I'm really digging it! Here's a short video clip with some up close and personal footage. I made a video comparing the BA Comp and Matrix Pro, so that will be coming shortly. Also, last week I made it out to MKM Precision range to train a little with it, so stay tuned for some footage from that. The Matrix Pro has some really cool features to customize the fit to you. I can't wait to compete with it this season! Thanks for checking it out!

PRS Rifle MPA Matrix Pro.jpg

Reactions: shmelty
They are beautiful chassis but every time I see one my first thought is you have to have hands big enough to palm a basketball to reach the trigger from that grip front strap.

1685322718060.png

Got a link to the comparison video between the BA comp and the Matrix Pro?

I'm sorry it hasn't been edited and published yet. I recorded the content in January, but we have several months of a backlog in getting video content edited and published. It's difficult to devote time to that when both of us have full time jobs and lots of other commitments. It's on the list soon so stay tuned! Thanks!

Reactions: krumfola
They are beautiful chassis but every time I see one my first thought is you have to have hands big enough to palm a basketball to reach the trigger from that grip front strap.

View attachment 8151022

I thought the same thing before I made the jump to the Matrix Pro, but it's not a stretch at all. I have medium/large hands and with the amount of adjustment possible in the grips and trigger finger supports, it fits me great. I like it so much I have two more chassis on order. If you lived closer, I'd offer to let you try it out. Maybe someone near you has one that would let you get a feel for it's size?

Reactions: Baron23
I thought the same thing before I made the jump to the Matrix Pro, but it's not a stretch at all. I have medium/large hands and with the amount of adjustment possible in the grips and trigger finger supports, it fits me great. I like it so much I have two more chassis on order. If you lived closer, I'd offer to let you try it out. Maybe someone near you has one that would let you get a feel for it's size?
So the grips can be adjusted fore/aft? Sort of like MDT's grip on the ACC Elite? I've never seen a picture that seems to show such an adjustment but I've also never seen one in person.

I literally have little 12 y.o. girl hands. I can palm a ping pong ball! hahaha

Seriously, small hands (and yeah, that really does mean HUGE johnso....er, never mind! haha) and its an issue for me with almost all chassis and stocks.

Those Matrix are indeed very beautiful. Glad you like it so much that you bought more. 👍

So the grips can be adjusted fore/aft? Sort of like MDT's grip on the ACC Elite? I've never seen a picture that seems to show such an adjustment but I've also never seen one in person.

I literally have little 12 y.o. girl hands. I can palm a ping pong ball! hahaha

Seriously, small hands (and yeah, that really does mean HUGE johnso....er, never mind! haha) and its an issue for me with almost all chassis and stocks.

Those Matrix are indeed very beautiful. Glad you like it so much that you bought more. 👍

Unfortunately, not adjustable like MDT's setup, but they offer 6 different sizes of grip when you order. Three are vertical grips and three are swept grips to choose from. They have a guideline on their site for sizing so it's not a complete guessing game.

Edit: You can pick any two of the grip when you order from MPA that are included with the chassis. The others are available for purchase separately.

From MPA's site:

Grip Fitting – Here is a basic rundown of the various grip sizes and hand size fitment:

Swept 2 – For those with smaller hands who prefer a swept grip

Swept 3 – For those with medium hands who prefer a swept grip

Swept 4 – For those with medium to large hand who prefer a swept grip

Vert 1 – For those with small hands who prefer a vertical grip.

Vert 2 – For those with medium hands who prefer a vertical grip. Closest to the EVG in size and feel.

Vert 3 – For those with large hands who prefer a vertical grip.

Reactions: Baron23