• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MasterPiece Arms Unveiling A New Chassis

Ordnance Locker

Pronouns are 𝘋𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺 / 𝘈𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘱𝘪
Minuteman
Supporter+
Sep 17, 2019
Silverdale, WA
On Saturday, MasterPiece Arms is unveiling a new chassis at the Precision Rifle Expo, that they'll also be announcing on the PRE Facebook page. This is the teaser image they just posted.

MPAMysteryProductReleaseFlyer0919.jpg

Not really sure what to think about this design. Not feeling the aesthetics of the stock vs. the BA Comp. Mlok was definitely the right direction on the forend, but I would have left the rear alone.

The grip is the big sell. More traditional with modular grips. Definitely not solely aesthetic as the stock/grip will give it a different feel.

Reactions: Patriots1884
The grip is the big sell. More traditional with modular grips. Definitely not solely aesthetic as the stock/grip will give it a different feel.
I do like the modular grip. I would need to get behind one before making a final verdict on it. Definitely looks like a hybrid between a chassis and a traditional stock which would be ideal for shooters that like the feel of a stock with the modularity of a chassis.

So if you don't like the grip that comes with it, you can get a new one?

Revolutionary.

• Haha
Reactions: ddavis
I do like the modular grip. I would need to get behind one before making a final verdict on it. Definitely looks like a hybrid between a chassis and a traditional stock which would be ideal for shooters that like the feel of a stock with the modularity of a chassis.

Exactly. I prefer AI-AT or KMW Sentinels. But the aftermarket items available aren’t anywhere close to the MPA.

Theoretically, I can mimic the same grip, and also be able to get gray ops accessories as well as mlok weights if the balance point needs tweaking.

Interesting. I have shaved a decent amount off along the trigger finger of my MPA grips, and am about to thin out the back of one to make it easier to wrap my thumb around the back and still have a decent angle on the trigger. Just looking at it, my initial thought is the new version may not work in my case.

I do like the idea of not needing a longer bag rider, but again am torn since I hook the current one with my thumb.

What is the revolutionary part? Not for me personally but I salt bath anneal. Will somebody much smarter than myself kindly explain what this chassis is offering that others are not. Just very interesting in learning the reasons why behind products. Thnx

What is the revolutionary part? Not for me personally but I salt bath anneal. Will somebody much smarter than myself kindly explain what this chassis is offering that others are not. Just very interesting in learning the reasons why behind products. Thnx

It’s an mpa with mlok forend, interchangeable grips, and a more traditional buttstock design.

Not every product has to turn the industry on its head. This is expanding MPA’s product line to customers that prefer more traditional designs with the utility of a chassis.

As far as revolutionary, can you direct me to a chassis that has mlok, arca, interchangeable grips, and a thumbhole traditional style buttstock? Not a stock that may or may not have a mini chassis.....but an actual chassis with all these features?

It’s an mpa with mlok forend, interchangeable grips, and a more traditional buttstock design.

Not every product has to turn the industry on its head. This is expanding MPA’s product line to customers that prefer more traditional designs with the utility of a chassis.

As far as revolutionary, can you direct me to a chassis that has mlok, arca, interchangeable grips, and a thumbhole traditional style buttstock? Not a stock that may or may not have a mini chassis.....but an actual chassis with all these features?

NVM, I see you edited your post.

I shot with one and liked it.

Not sure I’m going to go out and sell mine to buy one but would use it for a new build.

PRB :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong I liked my MPA but the MDT ACC does everything the MPA does but better.

That's fine. Personal preference is why we have so many options in the precision world today. But to say MPA is trying to catch MDT is factually incorrect. PRB aside, go to ANY local or national precision match in the country and MPA out numbers MDT by a wide margin. And I don't mean this as a knock against MDT, they make a really good product. But looking at the pure popularity, it's not even close.

I don’t have any skin in the game as I don’t have any R700 chassis systems right now, but these are my design observations on the new MPA chassis.
- The new grip and thumb shelf options are cool, not sure how it’ll work with buying them from the onset. Will it be like polymer pistols where you get S, M, L grip panels right out of the box? Or will you need to measure your hand for one best guess, then buy/exchange other sizes if you want to try a different one?
- Thumbhole doesn’t really matter, most everyone shoots thumb on the side anyway.
- I’m glad they got rid of the traditional trigger guard, I hated how the MPA didn’t have an undercut. Always rubbed my middle finger the wrong way without an undercut.
- What’s up with the MLok? Maybe I’m missing something, but the exterior surface of the forend isn’t flat, it has a scallop right where the MLok pockets are. I think this will reduce the thickness of the MLok pockets and reduce the engagement of the lugs and MLok nuts. Seems very odd that they wouldn’t keep the exterior forend flat like literally every other MLok forend ever.
- Glad the forend is a little longer
- The buttstock...I really don’t understand. Why is it solid? No cutouts for weights or attachments or just to make the base version lighter? And why did they keep the same cheekpiece and buttpad adjustments with those damn tiny set screws? HATE those stupid things. When I compared my MPA to my AX buttstock it was kind of a joke how wimpy the adjustments are on the MPA.

I wish MPA all the best, and I’m glad that they are still creating new products. But I have to agree with @RoterJager in that even though the 2018 PRB numbers show that MPA is ahead of the pack, I think there’s a noticeable shift toward ACCs and the 2019 and 2020 numbers might look a bit different.

Now that you mentioned the cheekpiece and buttpad being the same as current, the frame around the cheek looks higher. As it is, the riser needs to be removed to get a rod guide in the action.

One of my MPA's came with the Pachmyer pad and the pad needs to be removed to even use a cleaning rod. If they were going after revolutionary it makes sense that neither of those would change - why be like other chassis' that don't need to be stripped to clean your rifle (does not look like it will be a folder). Maybe it is just bad angles on the pictures, or maybe every chassis comes with a BoreSnake?

That's fine. Personal preference is why we have so many options in the precision world today. But to say MPA is trying to catch MDT is factually incorrect. PRB aside, go to ANY local or national precision match in the country and MPA out numbers MDT by a wide margin. And I don't mean this as a knock against MDT, they make a really good product. But looking at the pure popularity, it's not even close.
Actually, out West, I'd say it's close at best. MDT is taking over quickly and for good reason.

Do MPA owners ever shoot in the cold? Holding onto a block of aluminum in the cold absolutely sucks. Mix in a thumbhole stock and a high price tag and what's left to love that can't be found elsewhere? At least with other chassis on the market there are plastic skins or panels that cover the user interface surfaces. Maybe I just suck at life but I don't see the attraction.

I had MPA, hated the small Allen screws, sold it and got the MDT ACC. MDT is just such nicer chassis and adjust much easier to me, and the longer length with mlock is just great. MPA is obviously popular and a nice chassis, for me the MDT just seems better thought out and executed. For me the thumb hole is so ugly, I couldn’t own it. I guess we all have our own preferences. I’m sure they will sell a bunch though, and MPA does a ton of winning with original chassis. Good to have choices.

I handled this chassis yesterday. The thumbhole was not really like it looks. You can carry or manipulate the rifle using it but not designed to put your thumb through and shoot.

The grips allow you to adjust palm swell and distance from trigger with the grips.The biggest thing is the grip allows your hand to go up behind the trigger guard and get a more natural hand alignment on the trigger. You don’t have to put your middle finger knuckle up against the trigger guard. There are different thumb rests and trigger finger rest combined with the grips allow you get the exact grip and hand alignment you are looking for. I am a wrap the thumb around guy so it’s not for me, I kept changing the grips to try it and on first grip I always ran my thumb through the thumb hole which always got a chuckle out of the rep.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I like it.I think the ability to add defferent sized hand grips and the solid buttstock just looks good and gives you some added weight.MPA has another winner in my opinion.

I like it.I think the ability to add defferent sized hand grips and the solid buttstock just looks good and gives you some added weight.MPA has another winner in my opinion.

Same here, wondering cost and availability?

I always love to see innovation, but I think MDT nailed grip adjustability with the ACC in a pretty elegant way. I swore off chassis for years due to preferring the grip feel of a stock. Since trying the ACC most my Manners are up for sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Covertnoob5
The recessed MLOK slots don't make sense to me. I see what they are going for with the changeable grips, but I think it forced some odd decisions on the new stock.

I would like to see a picture with a barreled action installed. It might look less tail heavy than the empty stock.

It would be interesting to see a weight comparison, but also a center of gravity comparison between this and the BA chassis. Will this chassis shift the balance point of the rifle?

From the pics I'd guess the ergos are similar to a Whiskey-3.

I'm excited to learn more about it. The standouts to me are: different grip options and a more natural hand/grip position. On My BA and ESR I'm always jamming my middle finger into the trigger guard. I'm excited to see a recessed cut in that area. I also like the current MPA grip, but it is way way too small for me. I like the fat grips KRG sells for their chassis, but I'm probably a minority because I don't see many other people using them. Either way options are always great! I just hope the new butt stock isn't too ass heavy, and I would assume the folding option is gone, which is sad.