• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Masterpiece DS9 vs Staccato P?

Betedtf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
I have been wanting to buy a 9mm 2011 pistol for awhile and narrowed it down to these 2. I am a little hesitant on the DS9 as they are not widely used/sold like STI is. Anyone own a DS9 and can provide some feedback on it? I have heard they do not like to feed flat nose bullets. The Staccato P has some time in the field and gets great reviews.

I've got a Stacatto P and DS9. Both are nice, but the MPA fit and finish in a different level. The first 100 rounds or so had some feeding issues (I thought it was me at first). But since then I've got ~1500 on it and haven't run into any problems. Haven't tried flat nose bullets specifically, but it feeds round nose and hollow points just fine

The MPA/CK will likely have a better fit and finish. If it were me I would go that route as you will also have more options and less likely to run into some of the QA issues that STI had been running into before their rebranding.

I've got a Stacatto P and DS9. Both are nice, but the MPA fit and finish in a different level. The first 100 rounds or so had some feeding issues (I thought it was me at first). But since then I've got ~1500 on it and haven't run into any problems. Haven't tried flat nose bullets specifically, but it feeds round nose and hollow points just fine
What holster do you have for the DS9?

The MPA DS9 that I have seen seem to have QC issues in the finish and some feeding issues. i had a STI DVC Omni and it was a great gun. Sold it because I was offered a great deal for it. I Have a combat master and it shoots lights out. But may favorite is the SVI and I like it so much I have ordered a 2nd one. Mine is a dual 9mm/40SW so it gives me options which I like. I even did it was my 2nd one. I also have on order a Phoenix Trinity Honcho which gets great reviews from shooters. I have 5 barrels ordeed with it so that will provide a lot of flexibility. My SVI is over 7k and my second is over 8k so it’s definitely expensive but part of that is the 2nd caliber. For a little more money than the Atlas, you can design the gun exactly how you want it. All of them are great guns, it just comes down to what you want.

I have the nighthawk trs comp. And it is fantastic. Only have about 400 rounds through it but 0 issues and is smooth and is a laser

Reactions: Stoweit