• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match ammo ( 308 )

dbltap45acp

Old Fat Guy
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Casper, Wy
I just picked up a nice FN SPR A3G, its getting a badger bolt mod done right now. I also have a US optics 5x25 T PAL being built as well with all the bells and whistles. I would like to have some ammo for it when it arrives. Any advice where I can find some BH, Hornady, or FGMM for a good price. I can send a copy of my ID for a LEO discount as well if you know of anyone that gives a discount. Thanks

BTW, I am looking to buy between 100 to 500 rounds for now. I bought 1500 rounds of here a year or two ago for $350 a case of 168gr FGMM. I wish I didnt sell that ammo when I sold my last GAP 308.

Re: Match ammo ( 308 )

Your way behind the curve......

Your best bet is to buy a few boxs on line then order a case of federal 168's/175's smk's. If you have ID call Kevin schaffer at the Officerstore.com he can get you on the federal contract.......you must call him and explain what you require..even if it's not thru your dept he can help you out but the order will take several months b/c it comes right from federal......its worh it.....save your match grade brass and reload it or sell it...

good luck....

My A3G before I sold it to build a rifle loved the Hornady 168gr TAP load. Try that and 168gr FGMM. For factory loads I think you will be very surprised what that rifle is capable of.

Try DFAR on this board. Call 203 298 4343 and ask for darin. Good ammo prices. I just bought 1000 of the hornady 168 TAP from him.

Pete used to offer a nice Snipers Hide Discount on his Corbon match ammo (which is REALLY good stuff).

I dunno if it still holds true but it'd be worth looking into (when you call be sure to ask for him directly).

Starvin, last I talked to Pete, 308 brass was a serious problem. Don't know if he's got it worked out yet or not but I hope so!!!

Let me throw in a bone. Vern at Central Virginia tactical got me started a couple years ago on American Ballistics M118LR, in fact bought 500 rounds today for 500. Only rounds I have ever run through my
M40A3 and AR10 both from GAP. Love the stuff ask for Jim. 687.364.9787

Sweet, I will give him a call. Is this the PD stuff that did not pass military standards, or true match ammo that he got a hold of.