• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match ammo availability anyone noticed??

ta6ppc

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2009
Ft. Worth TEXAS
I thought I would order some Midas+ or something eley makes to play with over the winter months and was sort of shocked as to what I found after an hour of searching and googling I found only 9 individual boxes (50) of Midas plus out of like 20-30 retailers.

I do not wish to seem caustic, but you must not have been paying much attention during the last 8 months. I realize that if you’ve not had the need or desire to purchase ammo and do not spend much time on the internet, you may not have realized this. However, immediately after the lockdowns began in March-April, ammo and firearm sales skyrocketed, with people buying up huge quantities at a time. Often, it was evident the some didn’t even know what they were buying, but just had to have it. This is typical and indicative of a panic driven market.

Now, with the election upheaval going on and no sign of the virus hysteria going away anytime soon, I wouldn’t expect that we'll see any change to this situation. Probably not for at least 4 more years, if not more.

I do not wish to seem caustic, but you must not have been paying much attention during the last 8 months. I realize that if you’ve not had the need or desire to purchase ammo and do not spend much time on the internet, you may not have realized this. However, immediately after the lockdowns began in March-April, ammo and firearm sales skyrocketed, with people buying up huge quantities at a time. Often, it was evident the some didn’t even know what they were buying, but just had to have it. This is typical and indicative of a panic driven market.

Now, with the election upheaval going on and no sign of the virus hysteria going away anytime soon, I wouldn’t expect that we'll see any change to this situation. Probably not for at least 4 more years, if not more.

no I totally have been aware, in the past the panic buyer typically would not spend the amount it takes to buy a case of eley, or Midas plus and the match ammo dealers would typically have some stock.

but I totally get what your saying and don’t take your comments as caustic at all.

Checkout Graf's they have some and midsouthshooters may also

grafs showed I stock on google, but when you went to the page it says out of stock.. mid south seemed like the same thing, I just was shocked that the panic has streamed into the high dollar 22 ammo.. I have even seen on some other sites where people have resurrected posts from 2008, 2012 wanting to buy their center x for $75-80 a brick

• Love
Reactions: Peahi2 and lash
grafs showed I stock on google, but when you went to the page it says out of stock.. mid south seemed like the same thing, I just was shocked that the panic has streamed into the high dollar 22 ammo.. I have even seen on some other sites where people have resurrected posts from 2008, 2012 wanting to buy their center x for $75-80 a brick

I could be wrong but on their website they are showing midas plus instock and it will let you put it in the cart. Sorry if I mislead

The last time there was a run on 22 ammo, I started buying brands like Lapua, RWS, Wolf, Gecco because the general public had know interest in them. I could actually get it cheaper than what people raiding Walmart were selling Mini Mags and bulk boxes for. I remember people getting 25 a box for Mini Mags. I am kind of surprised that now you can't even get the good stuff without a lot of effort. My daughter lives about 10 miles from Champions Choice so I have been able to stock up over the last 5 or 6 years when we visit her. But I wouldn't mind 4 or 5 bricks of Center X.

I could be wrong but on their website they are showing midas plus instock and it will let you put it in the cart. Sorry if I mislead

Took less than5 minutes, Killoughs has 100’s of boxes of ELEY.
This is why this is such a good site. When the chips are down and you really need help, there are people that will help you out. Some will be asses, but then you gotta take the rain with the sunshine sometimes.

Reactions: Peahi2 and ta6ppc
Creed or takes back orders. Mile high says they do, but I don’t see how. I’m ok on center-x.

I like back orders so I know at least I’ll be able to get something at sometime.

I wish I could find a way just to back order some federal auto match Rounds a brick a month for the next six months. Or get in line so I can get a case before next summer.

Reactions: ta6ppc and lash
I believe I have enough good ammo to last me a year. But from what I'm hearing, this shortage could last much longer than that. :cry:

I just bought all the remaining SK standard plus from my local shop and they don’t know when more is coming in again. Luckily they have a shocking amount of other match ammo

Ok. Hate to be that guy but when I mentioned the ammo shortage status post sandy hook for several years, I get flamed. I brought this up a year ago on a forum and everyone flooded the thread basically saying 'you could get premium match ammo' back then. I was not in a position to buy this level of ammo then so couldn't really argue that comment. I just know the shortage was bad, really bad and long

Ok. Hate to be that guy but when I mentioned the ammo shortage status post sandy hook for several years, I get flamed. I brought this up a year ago on a forum and everyone flooded the thread basically saying 'you could get premium match ammo' back then. I was not in a position to buy this level of ammo then so couldn't really argue that comment. I just know the shortage was bad, really bad and long
There is definitely a supply issue with match grade ammo across the board, people are buying it because it’s the essentially the last man standing on the shelf after everyone buys the “cheap” stuff. Now the price of the “cheap” stuff is on par if not close to match ammo prices, so people are also looking at it since better quality and not a huge price point difference.
Now for how long will the shortage last, that’s a tough one. I’ve heard the rumor that federal is looking at a 12 to 18 month work load worth of back orders.

I heard the same 18 mo back log, for federal and Remington.. who knows if they are even up and running yet. I have a good amount of a good lot on the shelf but it’s definitely not a year or two worth

Anyone who wasn't old enough to experience Clinton and Company I may have a tiniest bit of sympathy for.

Anyone who lived through that years long shortage/panic who is short of ammo right now .... Bless your little heart. I'm sure you did the best you could.

:rolleyes:

If you gun likes Eley... Killoughs has bulk repackaged Eley Match (calling it Eley Club Extra) in stock right now for 80.00 per carton. A very substantial discount for this quality of ammunition. Not sure how old it is when they repackage but I have 10+ year old Match that shoots perfectly even though the wax has taken a slightly dried out appearance. I am not sure how old this ammo is but it is not affected by age in any real manner. Call them if you want details as this is the extent of my knowledge of this ammo.

Reactions: impactaddict
Any ammo is damn near impossible to find these days especially match grade. I’ve been keen on hornady match in 6.5 creedmoor lately and it’s slim pickings. It may be sacrilege but my best luck had actually been cabellas/bass pro. I’ve gotten 11 boxes over the past couple weeks. It sells out fast but they’ve been restocking fairly regularly it seems

I gave up on worrying about finding decent ammo for the Vudoo, I have what’s left of a case of Sk plus and a single brick of lapua center x and so I decided to sell my Vudoo and not compete for ammo. I did however keep my B14R and will continue to play with it. I was in scheels the other day and they wheeled out a pallet of ammo, it only lasted 12 minutes the store employees didn’t even have to stock it on the shelves limit was 2 boxes per caliber.

If you gun likes Eley... Killoughs has bulk repackaged Eley Match (calling it Eley Club Extra) in stock right now for 80.00 per carton. A very substantial discount for this quality of ammunition. Not sure how old it is when they repackage but I have 10+ year old Match that shoots perfectly even though the wax has taken a slightly dried out appearance. I am not sure how old this ammo is but it is not affected by age in any real manner. Call them if you want details as this is the extent of my knowledge of this ammo.

Are you sure it's repackaged Match, the bulk pack is labeled as flat-nose. Just curious is all.

All the Eley Match I have is flat nose. Shot decent out of my Vudoo..... Might have to try some.

I am wondering if this is leftover Remington / Mexican ammo?

I don’t know about eley club match but I just bought some eley club and a had multiple FTF in 4 different rifles

Im so thankful I said yes on a deal of 10,000 Eley match and Tenex early in the summer. Hopefully this will feed the Anschutz well through these turbulent times.

I encourage you to check out and support Champion's Choice or Creedmoor Sports. They had some match ammo in stock last I checked.

Reactions: M145O
I just got some Eley Club Thursday and shot it this weekend with a nice little rapid fire session with it. Suppressed 10/22 and no issues.

I am hoping mine shoots like the Eley Match I am now using. It shoots right with Tenex.

I hate to shoot myself in the foot here, but Brunos in Phx has a nice selection of high end .22LR if I'm not mistaken.

PB

I hate to shoot myself in the foot here, but Brunos in Phx has a nice selection of high end .22LR if I'm not mistaken.

PB

Just looked at their site. Here is a notice they posted.

Bruno Shooters Supply website is currently shut down to focus on the extreme amount of orders we are behind. If you have a pending order with us, we will be focusing our 100% attention on getting it billed and shipped as quickly as possible. We will not be accepting any new orders for the time. Please do not try to call, or email in any new orders. They will not be put through. Please note - on all pending orders, we will automatically be cancelling any items that are out of stock and shipping only whatever items are in stock. The website will be shut down for several days, thank you for your patience and patronage! We will be back as soon as we can!

Looks like Bruno Shooters Supply has some different Lapua, Eley and CCI in stock also.

I use ammoseek alerts to pick up stuff when it shows up. I scored two bricks each of SK Rifle Match and Standard+ from Brownells yesterday. You have to jump on it when the alert triggers, but you can get it.

I signed up for a notify when in for SKRM, at Target Sport for $64.50. Just got a notice it’s in for $97.99.

But the prices! I’m glad I bought a case of CX when I did. Just bought some Rifle match recently for $73 a brick.

I agree, prices are high. But people can decide for themselves what they are willing to spend on ammo. With so many saying they cant find ammo, I post when I see ammo available to help those who are looking for it. I'm pretty sure the last time I purchased SKRM it was only $64.99 per brick. Myself, if and when this all is back to normal, I will remember the places that jacked up their prices.

Gjmen22

I just got into rimfire and had a buddy find me some SK STD plus for $65 a brick. That’s about all I’m willing to pay to plink around with it. It may not shoot lights out, but I picked it up for fun and I’m really enjoying the little rifle for what it is.