• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match Burner/ RDF/ Cheap target bullet

I've used the 112 and 140 Match Burners. I really, REALLY like the 112s in my 6XC. My normal load uses the 115 DTAC with 39.2 grains of H4350, BR2 primers, and Peterson LRP brass. My load didn't change at all when I used the 112s. Drop was identical between the two. If I remember correctly, the DTAC does a hair better in the wind, but we're only talking a tenth better. Groups at 100 and 600 were just as good as the DTAC. The only reason I don't use them more is I have 2500 DTACs on hand and I couldn't find the 500 round boxes of the 112s anywhere.

@Mainer - The 140s shot very well, but I had one box that was VERY inconsistent. The weights were consistent, from what I remember, but the bearing surface, bullet base to ogive, boat tail length, etc, all varied from one bullet to the next, and I mean as much as ten-thousandths. It could've been a bad lot and I reached out to Barnes about it. Their reply was a basic, "Sorry to hear that. We'll look into it. If you want, you can send us your bullets and we'll replace them," but it was just more of a hassle to return them than it was worth, so I let it slide. I tried them back in 2015 or 2016, right after they were released, so it's certainly possible it was due to new manufacturing and Barnes has rectified the issue, but at the time, I believe they were about $25 to $26 a box and I was finding the AMAXs and then the ELDMs for not much more. I'd say give them a try, especially since you can find them for boxes of 100 for $22.50 through Midway.

Reactions: Mainer