• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match Chrome Lined or Nitro 300 Win Mag Barrel Manufacturer Recommendations

Rateoftwist

Gentle Ben
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2017
Apex NC
Hey all,
I have a first generation SPR that has a chrome lined 308 barrel and have been nothing but pleased with its performance. I wanted to build another winchester model 70 in 300 win mag (I know... not as popular as all the really cool remy customs but its what I got). It started me wondering about who makes barrels. I reached out to FN but they only produce the 308 barrel and would not sell me another, but kindly offered to replace mine on my FN SPR if needed. Does anyone have a recommended match grade barrel company for chrome lined? I understand Criterion makes such barrels but not sure if they do anything aside from military issue (e.g 1903 to ar15 and in between). I really appreciate the advice and look forwad to my 300 win mag build for range but primarily mountain hunting. Thanks!

Also forgot to mention... I have a second long action model 70 action alaskan (current production)... not trying to mount a long action barrel on a short action receiver.

FN is the only mfr. that I'm aware of that installed a chrome lined barrel in a precision rifle, so I don't think you'll be able to find what your looking for.

FN is the only mfr. that I'm aware of that installed a chrome lined barrel in a precision rifle, so I don't think you'll be able to find what your looking for.
Thank you for the response. Hoping might find one... the FN barrel has been excellent.