• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match rifle clone for hunting

High Desert duck

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2014
Nuevo Mèxico
IMG_0413.jpeg

Last year I had a deer hunt, work got in the way and the only rifle that was put together zeroed and had ammo that had been drop verified was my match rifle. I liked hunting with the gun I shoot all the time but packing a 23# rifle through the mountains was not pleasant so I decided to build a clone of my match rifle, with the goal being the same ballistics, ergonomics, functions as the match rifle but half the weight.

The build is:
Impact NBK
Bartlein 22” M24 carbon fiber
Chambered by GA precision in 6 creedmoor
Foundation revelation with short arca and picatinny
Trigger tech diamond
Vortex Razor LHT
Hawkins lightweight rings and hunter DBM and magazine

Almost made it the clone comes in at 12.2# with the bipod and without the can. (The rugged Alaskan ti is still in jail) it was a nice to carry but the stainless can does make the to shoot off hand than I had hoped.

Ended up taking this antelope with it this year, I’m really happy with the decision to build it. I shoot 2500-3000 6 creedmoor rounds per year so the drifts and drops are second nature, I have the gun set up with a 2 round holder and a dope card just like the comp gun. When engaging the animal I ran just like a stage, open bolt until on target dial it, close the bolt and send it.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    679.4 KB · Views: 69