• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Match trainer modifications

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    20201128_142441.jpg
    20201128_142435.jpg
    20201128_134453.jpg

So I decided to im going to shoot again in 2021. 2020 was just too busy. I have a tendency to modify alot of things to the way I want them. Usually I modify my trainer first to see if i like it. So I wanted to go a bit lighter but keep the rifle setups the same ish... added weights moved weights couldnt get happy... made a steel spigot mount oversized and moved weight forward and dropped a few pounds overall. 18.11 lbs now without bipod a d balanced where I want. Even added bag stop for positional since I tend to shove the gun into bag and it got annoying.... gonna run this and see if i like it.

Great minds think alike. Did that about a year ago. MPA is working on something for this. I did find that on the new chassis with the adjustable mag height latch, if your adjustment is tight enough to the action you don’t need a mag block.

4B098069-2BF6-44A0-A1B8-FF3020E17D27.jpeg

Nice stop, I wanted something a little thicker for some reason. I bent up a metal one exactly like that but it just didnt feel right. This is a test to see if i like it.
    Im familiar with the tension,
    20201128_153048.jpg
    my problem was / is I really jam it in setting up. Then I f I have a mag change the bag is too close and gets caught during change. Im not a finnes kinda shooter.

I've talked to Phil in early 2019 and asked him to make a side mag holder. He looked at the one on my match rifle and made them... hmm I was supposed to get a free one... he must have forgot. They do listen and try to evolve with ideas.
    I tried to get him to make a low ride chassis.. no luck so I may cut one up still. Think benchrest with wings.

Here's a closer pic of spigot mount. Moving the weight that far forward meant i could drop weight overall... this is just on trainer and in the very rough until I decide if I like it.

Ad since im 5-8 tall in the winter with a sweatshirt or jacket i cant get the butt pad in where I want it i made a bunch of plates that are much thinner.
    20201128_153215.jpg

Lol like I said, great minds think alike. Phil printed this up for me last spring but it’s just too tight. I prefer a magnet mounted to the side of my chassis.
    11A7DBD1-73F5-4F81-A804-3755E1D1E496.jpeg

I have one of the red chassis also.. I just noticed the color on yours.. i wanted one thats different and the red ones are easy to find when sitting in a row!!!! Kinda thinking of doing a crazy lime flourescent green spray job on one for 2021. That way its easy to find and I may write each match location etc on it and it'll be readable. Then retire it at the end of the year.

It’s actually the Ohio flag lol. The chassis was originally a different color. It’s since been retired from matches and I use it mostly for R&D stuff. I run ESR folders for matches.
    EA154704-E5D4-473C-B61D-EBC89A0190BC.jpeg

ha, mine is a kydex thats the goofy plastic dual lock velcro so I can take it off or it will fall if hit hard so its not in the way... the kydex I like because I can tweak it.
    20201128_154603.jpg
    20201128_154606.jpg
    20201128_154551.jpg

I looked at the esr. I have i think 8 of the comp model. So I'm not buying anymore... i can modify these. My main match rifle has a folder on it though... the red one is 6 creed when I want a 6mm and don't want to load ammo for my comp match.

Ha, we shot somewhere down south on the same squad in 2019. I think baker and someone from mpa was in the squad also