• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Matches closest to Maine?

RobfromME

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2010
Bangor, Maine
Good morning, all,

Where would the closest tactical competition(s) be to Maine? I realize that what's closest may still be FAR away. I'd like to go observe an event and begin to get ready to compete myself. I did the same for USPSA and IDPA and I learned an enormous amount from my fellow competitors and enjoyed the people a great deal. I'd like the same with this discipline.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Warmest regards,
Rob

Re: Matches closest to Maine?

Hey Rob:
New England seems to be far,far away from tactical competitions, the closest you are going to find is Reade Pa (there is a match there April 9th&10th) and also through BHT that is in Pa also. You are going to have to drive pretty far to get to either.Pemigasset club in NH did a training class with Rob (Rob01 here on the hide,good guy) last year, they may do one this year, keep a lookout.

Good luck!
Mike

Good morning, Mike,

Thanks so much for the info! Yes, it is very far away up here...I hope in a few years to be in AZ! I anticipated that I'd have a bit of a drive, but that's OK. I now know where and when, and maybe I can have a chance to get to one this year.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and interest to reply!

Warmest regards,
Rob

In cooperation with another squared away shooter here, BHTC may have something going a little closer to there in the fall/winter, although the first one will probably be invite only so we can shake the boogers out of it.

We will have the insurance covered. If somebody's got private land with good, safe shooting lanes and a huge backstop(s) BHTC is willing to entertain a "brotherhood of the traveling steel."

I am so flabbergasted at this point that there is no match in the 7 northeast states that I'm willing to consider bringing one there in trucks. All you guys gotta do is come up with a good place to do it.

--Fargo007

Rob:
You also might want to consider taking a class first, it will help you immensely before you shoot a match, having shot a lot of pistol(IPSC, IDPA) over the years getting into LRR was much more difficult, there is quite a bit to learn and taking a class will significantly allow you to enjoy it more. fargo007(BHTC) is having a class in April, Freddy and Mike will do a good job getting you squared away on the right path. Also Jamie on here is doing classes in Pa as well that can get you started, hope this helps.

Mike

Good morning, Mike,

That is an excellent idea. I would like to do that. I'm going to check at work next week to see what is going on for April and then plan from there.

Our local club had Matt Burkett come for a two day class and even the guys who'd been shooting USPSA for a long time said they learned a great deal! I was going, but I was sent out of town for a month and missed the class....boy, was THAT a let down!!

Thanks, Mike!

Warmest regards,
Rob