• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Matches in the texas area

Re: Matches in the texas area

What ever happened with the monthly practice match that Rich Emmons was trying to put together?

Rich and I are still working on a location for a monthly long range match. Am doing a little 3 gun at my house. All welcome. 3 gun is good practice for the positional and pistol at the sniper matches. Sorry about the T in Texas

I've got a place (small ranch, 260 acres), that could probably host a couple of practice matches a year. I probably couldn't volunteer to host one every month, but several times a year we could use my place. North San Saba County....1000 yard range. If that helps put anything together...

Geordie,
Good job on finally getting the 50+ posts!
smirk.gif

How are my targets coming along?

There is matches at bayou rifles south of Houston. I believe they host two matches a month

Lucks send me your adress again by PM lost it . Targets go out monday . Might talk to you about the matches.55 posts now

I'm game, Lucks has a really nice place. It would be nice to have several locations. I have been considering doing something at my place.

Outback,

PM sent with address. Thanks again.

Lucks bro dont invite the whole frackin state

Well not until me Mark n crew get to play first

Thinking i saw your Stock @ Marks, lefty Mac

He got both my rigs in bits right now

soon thou take ya up on some range time

Jedi,
Yeah, I got the lefty Mac back from Mark. He does awesome work. Very happy with how it turned out.

Nate,
Anytime. Where you been? Off for HALO yet?

Everyone,
Sleeper and I have been talking about this practice match deal. His place is outside of Temple, TX. Range to 700 yards, somewhere around 110 acres. We'd love to get a group together to do a shoot. Can use his place one time, and then my place, and then others, to change things up a bit each time. We've got quite a few steels, but if some guys (Outback?) could bring a few more we could set up some pretty cool scenarios.
Let us know or send me a PM if you'd be interested....

i live near amarillo so it will be quite a trip but if you put together a two day shoot i would love to come play. i have three full size IPSC steel targets i could bring to shoot as well.

chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jedi,
Yeah, I got the lefty Mac back from Mark. He does awesome work. Very happy with how it turned out.

Nate,
Anytime. Where you been? Off for HALO yet?

Everyone,
Sleeper and I have been talking about this practice match deal. His place is outside of Temple, TX. Range to 700 yards, somewhere around 110 acres. We'd love to get a group together to do a shoot. Can use his place one time, and then my place, and then others, to change things up a bit each time. We've got quite a few steels, but if some guys (Outback?) could bring a few more we could set up some pretty cool scenarios.
Let us know or send me a PM if you'd be interested....

</div></div>

I would be interested in a monthly match/practice session as well. Only have a little 45% ipsc steel, thou I do know the paypal addy for <span style="font-weight: bold">osuarchitect</span>. Please let me know if this gets off the ground. THANKS JP

Lucks and I looked at this again today. I think we will set something up by April! Probably can run 12-15 guys. Not sure if it will be my place or his.

If you guys wouldnt mind havin a newb with a bone stock 7mm ADL out there I will show up. Is there anything up here in the wichita Falls area?

I,m in prob got 4 shooters with me, Mark being one

not until after i get my rigs back thou

Lucks there are 4 of us and can bring what ever steel u need .Call me if u think u are going to do it

I've got an IPSC target on a stand made out of AR500. Be happy to bring it along. Just let me know where/when.

ITS ON!!! Iron Bridge Ranch Precision Rifle Match!!! April 17th? 12-16 shooters Temple Texas. Let me know if there are conflicts with the date. Few pre-recs sorry no magnums. You must also know your dope! We shoot into a large back stop not a burm. Looks like 6 stages 2 long 4 short. You will need your pistol!!! You will run!!! A little
laugh.gif

This is going to be great. Need to know your dope to 700 yards.
Sleeper has a great place to shoot and some cool ideas for stages.
I'll make sure there are at least a couple of prizes for the top finishers.
PM Sleeper (or me) if that date works for you and you KNOW you'll make it.
Let's try to get this thing started here where we can all get in some good practice and meet some good people....

Lucks and Sleeper,

I will be good to go for this. If anything changes I will let you know. If you need any help with set up or ideas let me know. I am just down the road. Will see if I might be able to get anything from base. I have my ways of getting things.

Also, let me know if you guys want to get together on a weekend and have some fun. Lucks, you still have my number? If not PM me and I will get back with you.

Nate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a start... 1st, 3rd or 5th weekends are bad for my arrangements.

</div></div>

Does that mean you couldn't make it on the 17th?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DELTANATE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will see if I might be able to get anything from base. <span style="color: #FF0000">I have my ways </span>of getting things.
</div></div>

I don't even want to know what that means....
smile.gif

n I think April 10th or 11th<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gmbjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the F-Class mid range match at Camp Swift? </div></div>

OK guys I need at least 8 confirmed shooters to make this thing worth mine and Lucks time and money. Come on you know you want to shoot! Bunkhouse lodging is available on the property for those who want to come Friday night or stay through Sunday. You will need your own cot and bed role. Shower, microwave, fridge, and gas grill are also in the bunkhouse.

I will try to get some guys arranged in this area to come . Will let you know

Ft Wolters is still going (under new management now). In fact we have a match this weekend. Sign up is 0900. 223 only, 300 / 500 yards. I am working on the website (I suck at it) but will try to get something up.

These matches are monthly. Sunday has Across the Course Matches, but Saturdays are more open, not so rigid as before.

Strickland

Strickland,

Keep us posted on the Ft Wolters matches.
I can't make it this weekend, but would love to come up there and shoot .223

What does the across the course match consist of?
What calibers can you bring?

223 only

We got dicked over royally by the douchebags who run the place.

I am working on getting the website up and running right now. Slow going as this isnt my cup of tea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can't make it this weekend, but would love to come up there and shoot .223
</div></div>

Just tell the Misses that your going shooting and that's <span style="font-style: italic">FINAL</span>.... Ill even drive. I can probably find a spot on my couch if she tells you not to come back.
grin.gif

Well it's the daughters birthday today and birthday party this weekend. So there would be no coming back. Lol.
Does your gun even shoot TJ. it's been so long since you've shot it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! You must have one big f%&@in couch!</div></div>
I was planning on pushing two together.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well it's the daughters birthday today and birthday party this weekend. So there would be no coming back. Lol. </div></div>
Dangit, I was ready to give you crap and you actually have a good excuse. Oh well.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does your gun even shoot TJ. it's been so long since you've shot it. </div></div> I'm curious myself. I was planning on pulling the service rifle out of the closet, trying to find my load data for it, and hoping that my target didn't end up looking like I shot it with my BT from 100 yards away. (not much hope of that)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TSUshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm curious myself. I was planning on pulling the service rifle out of the closet, trying to find my load data for it, and hoping that my target didn't end up looking like I shot it with my BT from 100 yards away. (not much hope of that) </div></div>

Well blow the dust off of it, and see what you can hit. Maybe its not off to far. lol

I live next to Ft Wolters . Let me know i,ll be there with my .223

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to be great. Need to know your dope to 700 yards.
Sleeper has a great place to shoot and some cool ideas for stages.
I'll make sure there are at least a couple of prizes for the top finishers.
PM Sleeper (or me) if that date works for you and you KNOW you'll make it.
Let's try to get this thing started here where we can all get in some good practice and meet some good people....
</div></div>

Are you guys all seasoned veterans at this long range stuff? Will you let unseasoned grasshoppers join you if so?

I'm interested.

For those interested in the Ft Wolters stuff, hit me with a PM and I will fill you in. I don't want to hijack Outback's thread.

Thanks