• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Matches in the West???

Re: Matches in the West???

Ya Buddy!!!
I'm only in my second year and just cant get enough. I shoot F-lass also but much prefer the tac prac precision match's. I saw you are going to be up at Augustis Ranch the end of April. I will be there also, look forward to shooting with you.

Jay Seaquist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Seaquist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya Buddy!!!
I'm only in my second year and just cant get enough. I shoot F-lass also but much prefer the tac prac precision match's. I saw you are going to be up at Augustis Ranch the end of April. I will be there also, look forward to shooting with you.

Jay Seaquist </div></div>

Where do you shoot these F-class matches at?

And its macssubmoa.

The Gillette match mentioned is Dave Lauck's International Tactical Rifleman's Championships (ITRC). It is back on this summer after a couple of years off and it is the real deal. Two-man teams, three days, field courses, UKD, par time for completion which require the shooters to haul ass between shooting stations, very devious target placement,some of which cannot be accurately ranged with laser depending on light conditions, every shot scored, etc. Details are at dlsports.com and match is scheduled for 21-23 August. It's an expensive entry fee but far and away the most realistic (and probably most difficult) match going. Major fun and great training op. Hope to see you there.
Best,
James

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: James in Wyoming</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Gillette match mentioned is Dave Lauck's International Tactical Rifleman's Championships (ITRC). It is back on this summer after a couple of years off and it is the real deal. Two-man teams, three days, field courses, UKD, par time for completion which require the shooters to haul ass between shooting stations, very devious target placement,some of which cannot be accurately ranged with laser depending on light conditions, every shot scored, etc. Details are at dlsports.com and match is scheduled for 21-23 August. It's an expensive entry fee but far and away the most realistic (and probably most difficult) match going. Major fun and great training op. Hope to see you there.
Best,
James </div></div>

Oh yea and be prepared to burn out an AR-15. Go to IRTC... replace barrel.

Scott

NotAGuru;
I shoot the 1000yd F-Class with the Utah State Rifle & Pistol Association ( www.usrpa.org ). We shoot the second Saturday of each month over in Wendover, Utah/Nevada. They are a great group of guys to shoot with. Also there are at least two 1000yd F-Class match's a year in Rexburg, Idaho at the Unified Sportsmans club. I saw you are planing on attending the Augustis Ranch shoot. I look forward to meeting and shooting with you.

Captain Maroni;
Depending on how far you are willing to travel. I went over to Sacramento, Calif last weekend and shot with the NorCal Practical Precision Rifle Club (NCPPRC). Vu And Shawn put on a great and difficult match and is worth every minute of the drive. I go over there at least once a year.

Ya know what us Idaho boys need to do is get together and start a club of our own. Food for thought.

Jay Seaquist

It is a pretty good drive, but the Parma guys are putting on a Friday night / Saturday morning match, which starts tomorrow afternoon.

From the match announcement:

"Be prepared to use GPS, Map, Compass, Mildots, Laser, etc….for ranging and locating targets. Ranges will be from 300/400 yards out to around a 1000 yards or a bit more. We will be setting out regular Parma LRTR type targets. We are working on a night time scenario and if we can work out the details be prepared for a night shoot. There may be some short hiking treks to a couple of FPs"

and

"Following are the UTMs for our starting rally point on Friday.

533632E, 4878261N This is French Corner located at the east junction of Big Willow and Dry Gulch Road in Payette County.

533178E, 4882087N This is the rally point located on the north side of Dry Gulch road.

Sign up will start around 3pm and we will get started around 4pm. Remember we are camping at a location north of the rally point. You will engage several of the target arrays prior to arriving at the RON. If you do not have an ATV then we will consolidate folks into a 4x4."

POC listed at: http://www.parmarng.org/

Ask and ye shall receive...

Cheers,

DC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Seaquist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also there are at least two 1000yd F-Class match's a year in Rexburg, Idaho at the Unified Sportsmans club.
Jay Seaquist</div></div>

Do you have any information on these two matches? Or a link I can look at

Dave

I'm working on the Calendar for WestCoastTactical - you can find it posted there after I get the input from everyone.

Generally Palma eastern Wa with a few tactical matches - *Redman is hosting the WCT match this year with unknown distances out to 1k on some SERIOUIS acreage...

RattleSnake, Machais, Cascade - all WA state.

Idaho used to have the ISSC but The Nailer is now in my neck of the woods so I'm hoping hegets the PNWSC put together for this year...

WestCoastTactical (no ads)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WestCoastTactical (no ads) </div></div>

LOL
smile.gif