• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Matching B&C web stock paint

MJY65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011
Minnesota
I had to do some work on a B&C ultralight stock (Browning A-bolt). I need to paint the area where Devcon was added to the pistol grip. Any suggestions for matching the black/gray web? If it's beyond do it yourself, I'd appreciate recommendations for a pro to do the work.

Thanks.

You might want to get ahold of Eddie Fosnaugh, he can probably get you dialed in. He posts here when he isn't busy in the shop. Great guy to deal with, check Fosnaugh Customs for info or just call him.

Lowes home improvement carries the webbing spray paint. Unsure of color selection.

Call Florida fiberglass and get a little jug of webbing agent. You mix it up to 50 percent with polane. Best to test on a piece of scrap as you get one shot when using it. Get your gun settings to low pressure and stand back a bit.
Your likely going to discover that a complete repaint will be the only real way to make the stock look original again. Tough to blend this stuff.

clean the snot out of it with wash lacquer thinner once your done. It'll make a mess of a paint gun if you dont.

We've done hundreds of these.

have fun!

C.

Last edited:
I think it would be easier to re-do the entire stock versus blending. skuff up the current surface, paint to the color of your choising, web over that. I would look at Brownells Alumna-Hyde for the base, Krylon webbing, cover with a couple of coats of matte clear. JMO