• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

matching left and right handed rifles

at4rxj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm wanting to build to similar rifles, one left handed one right. Looking for .223, .308, or .300wm. It would be cool to do this with two AICS systesms using Rem actions, but everyone is limited in what they offer left-handed. If I went with a different brand, I'd be looking at a cheaper stock, which would allow me to spend a little more on the rifles.

He doesn't like Savage... Not completely ruled out, but would like to stick with either Remington or Browning. Both make left handed. Any others you guys recommend?

Option 1 is to stick with the factory barreled action, but this creates the need of a heavy barrel left handed gun, which I'm having trouble finding (except the Rem 700 varmint, which has slow twist rates).

Option 2 is to get whatever and rebarrel it.

Any input or advice from those that have done left handed builds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: matching left and right handed rifles

Might wanna look at Tikka's... they offer everyone of their rifles in a left hand model. I havent heard hardly anything bad about them either.

Re: matching left and right handed rifles

rem 700 varmint w 1 in 12 works with 175SMK - definitely the low $$ alternative for the barreled actions

but add a trigger and aisc, the $$ will be about 1700 same as:

http://www.tikka.fi/t3models.php?sporter

if you like the TRG stock, this looks to duplicate it