• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MatchMaster – Seater Die - VLD stem?

Have you cleaned it out yet? The die stem? I have 3 of them (Great dies and love them) but each stem was full of machining crud. I've loaded 230 A-Tips (30 cal) and 147 grain ELDM and 140 grain VLD's off my 6.5 MM die and it's not bottoming out on either bullet.

I just used a little drill bit to make a hole for thr tip to sit in and not hit and it seems to work very well. It was just barely touching though so, with that die and stem and bullet might not work as well for you. Just an idea

I seated some bullets today for Sunday testing, and opened the die and noticed that the stem was actually damaged on the edges (result of my previous tampering with it). I've shortened it a bit, rounded the edges and reseated the ones I seated earlier today, and got some bit different results! Bullets are not sorted!

Attachments

• cbto-oal.pdf
    213.9 KB · Views: 39