• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Matrix ballistics 6mm 117grain

LWILLIAMS

Nobody
Minuteman
May 30, 2006
Gillette, Wyoming
has anyone shot the 6mm 117 grain bullets to distance and seen if the published 0.6502 bc is anywhere close. I have a nice 7 twist 243 I think these could really get me out there with and it will be a 6cm shortly so it would give me more useable distance. Any first hand knowledge would be great. Tried search with little info.

Re: Matrix ballistics 6mm 117grain

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone shot the 6mm 117 grain bullets to distance and seen if the published 0.6502 bc is anywhere close. I have a nice 7 twist 243 I think these could really get me out there with and it will be a 6cm shortly so it would give me more useable distance. Any first hand knowledge would be great. Tried search with little info. </div></div>

Does anybody have ANY data on these.

their .308 is off the chart also.

Yeah if they are as advertised they will kick ass. Think I might as well order a box and check them out.

I ordered some last week, think they will stabilize in an 8 twist 243 ai?

Not sure what it will take, my 243 is a 7 twist so it had better stabilize them. Let us know how the 8 twist does.

I think Litz ran some of the Matrix bullets in some testing. I've got some of the 165 .277 cals to shoot as soon as I have a chambered barrel, word is they are good but not covered in pixie dust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigngreen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Litz ran some of the Matrix bullets in some testing. I've got some of the 165 .277 cals to shoot as soon as I have a chambered barrel, word is they are good but not covered in pixie dust. </div></div>

the numbers they are quoting are pixie dust and more....

They list the BC as a "static" BC, I'm thinking that is just a calculated BC. If you look at them they are more or less built like the Berger, J4 jacket and VLD design so they should be similar to the Berger in BC IMO.

Bullet Data Check out the data Litz has on the .284, he has the 180 Berger and the 190 Matrix data up and should give a guy a good idea of what is going on.

Yes Bryon Litz recently posted his results of the Matrix 190 7mm, a G1 average of just over 0.673 (0.706 is for velocities over 3,000 fps). At the same time he posted data for the Berger 180 Hybrid - G1 bc of 0.674. that).

JeffVN

I am aware of the Matrix .308 210's being slightly higher then the Berger and Sierra offerings, can't speak for the others. The G1 values are calculated based on Corbin's program for what ever that is worth.

Take care
Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trevor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am aware of the Matrix .308 210's being slightly higher then the Berger and Sierra offerings, can't speak for the others. The G1 values are calculated based on Corbin's program for what ever that is worth.</div></div>

.753 for that .210 seems a *little* optimistic... would like to see some field data on these.

John

Their BC's almost sound fairy tailish along with the pixie dust. lol But, I too would like more information on their 30cal 210's and their heavy for caliber .277 stuff.

How do they fly, anyone shot any of these yet????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trevor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am aware of the Matrix .308 210's being slightly higher then the Berger and Sierra offerings, can't speak for the others. The G1 values are calculated based on Corbin's program for what ever that is worth.</div></div>

.753 for that .210 seems a *little* optimistic... would like to see some field data on these.

John </div></div>

I agree I haven't heard of many programs that can run a correct G1 for bullet making and G1's over .70 are usually reserved for .338 category. The numbers i have on this bullet are closer to mid .600 G1,
Berger list their .210 at a G1 .631 G7. 323.

Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trevor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G1's over .70 are usually reserved for .338 category. </div></div>

If you interpolate between the 180g 7mm Berger Hybrid and the 300g .338 Hybrid you can approximate a 230g .730 BC .30 cal. projectile... but this ain't it.

John

Bryan has all of their match bullets and had tested a number of them. There will be data for some Matrix bullets in the 2nd edition.

ooooops, I stand corrected, here are the links for the B. Litz recent releases and some data for folks that do not want to go see it themselves

Matrix 190 is .673 (.706 is for velocities above 3,000 fps). G7 average is .344.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Matrix190VLD.html

Berger 180 Hybrid - .674 G7 = .345.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/B_7mm_180Hyb.html

He has other new bullet results posted as well, just not anything that has been mentioned in this discussion.

That 6mm sounds cool, but at basically twice the cost of the Dtac I'm going to have to see some real BC numbers before I order a couple thousand of them.

I just ran them in my 7.75 twist out of a 6mm rem and they shot into .508 with the first loading of H4350. I will have bc data avail tomorrow if I get a chance to go and test them at LR. Or I will be running the in the JC steel challenge next weekend. If they are even close to .58 G1 bc I will be looking at 9.2 mills out to 1200yds and super sonic to 1660yds at a elev. of 2500ft.
My vel out of a 26.2" tube is 3040
Chris

So i ran the 6mm 117matrix at 3041 avg at a elev 1100 ft and at 826 yds the bc was running .598 but accuracy was great! I shot prone cold bore 5 for 5.
More info after he jc match
Chris

Good work! I still have some 117 DTACs, and they are awesome! Shot some 115 Bergers today, nothing different/ballistically/ from the 115 DTACs, just the price. My experience.