• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Matt or not matt

Buster95

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Montreal Canada
Does a tactical rifle (bolt action) need to be matt, I have a Savage 12 FV in .308 with a deep gloss blue finish and a jewel bolt.

Re: Matt or not matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is it really important anyhow or are you worried about urban combat in Montreal? </div></div>

+1 make your rifle the way YOU want...

+1 to the above advice as long as it's not for use on two way ranges.... shiny stuff stands out in most environments.... Then again, there was this "Ol Jarhead who used to run around the jungle with a big "ol white feather stuck in his boonie hat.... but that's a whole nother story......

Thanks guys. The reason why I asked this is because I have the opportunity to trade my brand new 12FV for a brand new 10FP.

Thanks Bill, also I noticed in your signature that you are Sgt. USMC Ret. you have all my RESPECT. Thanks.

No problem! Many more gave more than I though..... and still are! 8+ of the best years of my life!! Wouldn't trade that time for anything, even though I came away significantly disabled the abilities gained far outweigh the disabilities!!