• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser 98k bolt issue

EasyGravy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2014
syracuse
www.facebook.com
Took my old byf 42 to highpower tonight. Havnt shot it in long time. During first string of rapid I got 3 empty shells stuck on bolt face.

Looked closer.
e8ytuhyh.jpg

Is that extractor supposed to be crecent shape? The empties can be easily knocked off the bolt by hand.

Using that 1992 headstamped Yugo 196gr w/the purple berdan. Guns a 1942 byf mauser 98k.

Yup that's how mine looks but if its not knocking it out of the action the bolt release which is also part of the extraction system may have broke, it will be under the channel on the left side of the gun it goes where the notch is cut on the bolt.

ya Id throw in a empty and pull the bolt back and see if the ejector is pushing it, will be able to tell about at 3/4 stroke of the bolt and you can inspect it easily too.

Yea, check the ejector. It may be possible the ejector housing is so full of junk it is not letting the ejector extend outward? In any event, it is not likely the Yugo ammo since the 1970s, 90s and M75 is some of the best surplus 8mm ever.

The ejector is located in what I used to call the bolt release on the left. It is actually called the ejector housing from what I have been told. I assume the ejector is spring loaded so it could be a spring issue. I have never had a problem with a K98 ejector so I have never taken the box off or done any repair to the ejector. Cleaning the bolt will not fix the problem.