• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Mauser CZ 24 trigger replacement

Paul38

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
Oregon Coast
This is my first mauser action so please bare with me. Anyway I read that timney(sportsman) makes a trigger for this action. Would this be the best trigger for this action and how easy would it be to install or would there be a better one. The action is on a benchmark 270 win. barrel.
Thanks for any help,

Re: Mauser CZ 24 trigger replacement

Timney is a great Mauser trigger,the sportsman is the one without the side safety. They make one with side safety called the Featherweight. It cost more, but in the long run will save you headaches.

As you may have discovered, a Mauser project can start to drain the wallet. So you can go with a Sportsman and a $300 winchester syle bolt shroud, or you can get the Buehler low swing style and have a smilth install it. The Bueller runs about $35 and requires metal work on the bolt shroud.

Either the featherwieght or the Bold Optima will be your best bet.

There is good news, if you take a look at Randy Boyds website, he sells the Bold trigger, with and without side safety. This trigger is all but as good as a timney at a fraction of the cost. The only difference is the trigger shoes is a bit narrower than the Timney. If you plan on a Boyds stock, then it will be a good time to pick up a Bold trigger.

Install of the trigger is super easy, just push the spring, push the pin out (will a punch or an allen), insert the new trigger, re-insert the pin, tighten the allen and then safety check. Timney triggers may require a little metal to be removed from the trigger guard, At least on the ones I have installed. Just a few minutes with a jewelers file.

The trigger with side safety will require an inlet of the stock, but it is something you can do at home as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timney or Bold are good I get them with side safety </div></div>

Thank you sir I'm going with the timney.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timney is a great Mauser trigger,the sportsman is the one without the side safety. They make one with side safety called the Featherweight. It cost more, but in the long run will save you headaches.

As you may have discovered, a Mauser project can start to drain the wallet. So you can go with a Sportsman and a $300 winchester syle bolt shroud, or you can get the Buehler low swing style and have a smilth install it. The Bueller runs about $35 and requires metal work on the bolt shroud.

Either the featherwieght or the Bold Optima will be your best bet.

There is good news, if you take a look at Randy Boyds website, he sells the Bold trigger, with and without side safety. This trigger is all but as good as a timney at a fraction of the cost. The only difference is the trigger shoes is a bit narrower than the Timney. If you plan on a Boyds stock, then it will be a good time to pick up a Bold trigger.

Install of the trigger is super easy, just push the spring, push the pin out (will a punch or an allen), insert the new trigger, re-insert the pin, tighten the allen and then safety check. Timney triggers may require a little metal to be removed from the trigger guard, At least on the ones I have installed. Just a few minutes with a jewelers file.

The trigger with side safety will require an inlet of the stock, but it is something you can do at home as well. </div></div>

Thanks for all your info and help, I'm not really worried about the money just didn't know what to get. So it sounds like the featherweight is the one to get, partner once again thanks for taking the time to help it's appreciated a lot.

Paul