• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser gunsmith

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
This is a long story, so I'll try to keep it short. Friend of mine was married to a guy who died of cancer. She remarried, the guy was a total piece of shit; We'll call him Ben Marosi. She divorced him shortly before he OD'ed and died. Anyway, husband #2 fancied himself knowledgable in firearms. He was not. He managed to remove the safety assembly from Husband #1's rifle... while the bolt was closed. It is now locked closed. He also allowed some slight rust to show up on the blued steel, and neglected the stock finish a bit.

This rifle is important to my friend in question. She asked if I might know of anyone who could repair it. I said I'd find someone.

So, I'm looking for a gunsmith who can repair the safety assembly (all missing), completely refinish the rifle in a deep high polish blue, and refinish the stock.

Rifle is an FN Mauser.

Anyone have any good suggestions that would be a one stop shop??

Last edited:
American hunting rifles, he was the go-to for everyone having their CZ 550 Safari guns worked over, one of his most common mods being a 3 position safety.

I've always seen praise for them when people talk about their experience. I was going there but decided to take on the work for my CZ 550 myself... good or bad as that may be, though she works, so, good.

You may see about talking to him, his name is Wayne, and see if he would take on the project, contact details on the website.