• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mauser help please

BradZ

Just Brad
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2012
The Sticks (SW PA)
I'm looking at ordering a new stock for this gun because it's got some cracks in it. Wanted ot make sure it's just the average run of the mill mauser and nothing special I need to know about to order. I don't have much experience with these kinda guns so I could be wrong and didn't want ot make a mistake here.

t0m5.jpg

h05q.jpg

I'm sure it's a dumb question but still I'm okay wtih asking those once in awhile.

Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Do you know the origin of the action? What, if any markings are on it? Does it cock on opening, or closing of the bolt? It looks like a 98 action, but not all Mausers are 98s and not all 98 style actions are the same (like the Yugo M48, which is shorter, for example). There could be dimensional/model differences that would dictate the type of stock you need to use.

Looks to me like a commercial 98, probably an FN from the looks of the bolt. I would guess a standard 98 type pattern.