• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing mauser mag conversion

hyugo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2009
Idaho
I didn't want to hijack the custom mauser thread. If any one needs more info or pictures let me know.
Nov52009003.jpg
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/johnschmuc/Nov52009004.jpg
Nov52009002.jpg
Nov52009006.jpg
Nov52009007.jpg
Nov22009082.jpg
Nov22009079.jpg
Nov22009078.jpg

Re: mauser mag conversion

It's a 308, M-14 mags. It will work on a 98. The yugo action is a 98 just shorter.

The cost was about $4.00 in material. It's just the stock bottom metal cut apart and welded back together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyugo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cost was about $4.00 in material. It's just the stock bottom metal cut apart and welded back together. </div></div>

Are you making these for sale? i.e. - can I buy one from you?

Sorry I don't sell them. I just made one for my self.

Heck, I'd like to see <span style="font-weight: bold">ANY</span> mags be used for Mauser bottom metal!

Here are some more pictures. The black one is the modified yugo, the rusty one is an unmodified Turk.

Nov182009038.jpg
Nov182009040.jpg
Nov182009041.jpg
Nov182009039.jpg
Nov182009042.jpg
Nov182009044.jpg
Nov182009045.jpg
Nov182009046.jpg
Nov182009049-1.jpg
magbox.jpg

Hyugo,

I'm glad I saw this. I've been going back to the custom Mauser thread and didn't see anything. This will probably work great on my next build. A 7mm-08

Hyugo,

You say these work with M-14 mags? Any issues or smooth as butter?

are you sure you don't want to make a production run of these?
wink.gif

No issues, they work great. I've thought about producing them but the M-14 mags are double feed and wide enough to require the receiver to be opened up. I'm thinking about using an single feed aics mags on the next one to get around the receiver mod issues and if that works I could make a batch of them with out to much trouble.

Reactions: Tnnlrat

where and what kind of metal were you using? is it possible to use soldering instead of welding? what kind of spring?

Will this work with a 8mm or just a .308? Where can I purchase?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lola85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this work with a 8mm or just a .308? Where can I purchase? </div></div>

I believe the 8mm COAL is approx .400" longer than a 308...
don't think it will fit in an M1A mag......

It looks like the M14 mag in this conversion doesn't require anything holding the mag in place in the front of the magazine well, like the M14 rifle has. I suppose that's just necessary in the M14 (or M1A) with the rather violent M14 action.

ne have any ideas on how to remove the metal from the reciever? ive tried to do it with a dremel with a grinding bit but its real slow going.

Any way of making use of M-76 magazines?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=50230&filter=mauser+mag&catid=0 </div></div>

Read up: http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=1861

Seems to be FNG. </div></div>

gotcha..... thanks for the heads up as I had been curious about them...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=50230&filter=mauser+mag&catid=0 </div></div>

Read up: http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=1861

Seems to be FNG. </div></div>

gotcha..... thanks for the heads up as I had been curious about them... </div></div>

This is the one that I was wondering about ...
800px-Zastava-M76-Magazine_3.jpg

what magazine is that? i'm doing a mauser in 7mm-08 and want to do a detachable magazine setup. i just dont want to mill out so much material to use m14 mags.

That's from a Yugo M-76, 7.92x57 ...

If you guys get your hands on an M76 magazine and figure out how to make it work with a military or commercial large-ring Mauser action, do let me know. Just remember, it's 7.92x57.