• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser stock options?

Forward543

Dude
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Idaho
I have a custom barreled dumoulin Mauser that shoots rediculously well. The stock is a hogue, and I do not like the swoop of the traditional stock. Any ideas for a stock with a vertical grip? Worst case, I'll build a wood one, but what do you know?

I have a custom barreled dumoulin Mauser that shoots rediculously well. The stock is a hogue, and I do not like the swoop of the traditional stock. Any ideas for a stock with a vertical grip? Worst case, I'll build a wood one, but what do you know?
Richards Microfit and Boyds both do pretty nice laminate stocks.

B&C and Choate both do Mauser stocks, but in more "hunting" style not tactical. I've never used one or felt one, but Archangel is now doing a tactical Mauser stock. Much like the ones they did for the Mosin-Nagant.

I think Old Western Scrounger still has the PH single shot stocks. (haven't looked to verify)
Could have it opened up for the triggerguard/box magazine.

I ended up going the Boyds route. I pillar bedded the rear action screw with the steel pillar tube from an old military stock I had laying around. I opened up the barrel channel with dowels and sandpaper (huge pain in the butt) and then bedded the action to it with marine JB-Weld (marine-tex was too hard to find around here)

Its currently wearing a Shilen barrel and is chambered in 7mm RM and it shoots pretty damn well. I will eventually snag a PTG bottom metal and have it inletted to allow me to run AI pattern mags.

Heres a photo of the original mock-up with the new stock, before I did all the work.
31682989328_eaff46c984_k.jpg

I think Old Western Scrounger still has the PH single shot stocks. (haven't looked to verify)
Could have it opened up for the triggerguard/box magazine.
Yes they do. I’m being dumb, I just bought one. And, I’m in the process of converting it to a repeater. I wasn’t remembering you had also thought about converting the rifle to a C3.

Boyds varmint adjustable cheeck. Have to open barrel channel up on bigger barrels. 5 shot group at 100 yards shoot this rifle at 1000 alot and shoots lights out with stock. I found it to be the best and cheapest route for mauser 98

Attachments

• 20191213_112113.jpg
    20191213_112113.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 20190727_164645.jpg
    20190727_164645.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 71
what bottom metal is that and how much fitting did it require?

Boyds varmint adjustable cheeck. Have to open barrel channel up on bigger barrels. 5 shot group at 100 yards shoot this rifle at 1000 alot and shoots lights out with stock. I found it to be the best and cheapest route for mauser 98

Cdi bottom metal. And my gunsmith did it he said it wasnt to bad but the stock is hard so i think an hour or so. I do have that rifle for sale in the px