• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mausingfield Action Wrench

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
What's the recommended action wrench for the Mausingfield?

I see that both ARC and Bugholes have action wrenches for this action. However, I recall Chad (LRI) stating earlier last year that the ARC Mausingfield action wrenches were outsourced and the action wrench wasn't as durable as it should be. Has this been remedied? Is the Bugholes action wrench any better, or same issue as the earlier (current?) ARC wrench?

I have a Defiance rear entry action wrench, but I'm assuming due to the difference in lug design (among other things) that this can't be used with the Mausingfield action - is this correct? I don't have my Mausingfield in hand yet, so I can't compare the action to the wrench myself. This may be a dumb question, but perhaps it will save me from spending $70-80.

I will make some soon, if someone will send the bolt to the shop for me to look at I'll make a wrench for them for free. Call first. Thanks

I hope I am first to volunteer my bolt! I ordered two Nucleus the first morning...