• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mausingfield firing pin spring weight

SleepDoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I am finishing up a build on a mausingfield LA. I am trying to decide between the TriggerTech special and diamond and wanted to know from mausingfield owners if the firing pin spring weight is heavier and will cause a heavier trigger pull weight? I am looking for around 1 pound with the TriggerTech so will get the special and do not want to spend the extra money on a diamond unless I have to. Anyone have experience with this?

I am finishing up a build on a mausingfield LA. I am trying to decide between the TriggerTech special and diamond and wanted to know from mausingfield owners if the firing pin spring weight is heavier and will cause a heavier trigger pull weight? I am looking for around 1 pound with the TriggerTech so will get the special and do not want to spend the extra money on a diamond unless I have to. Anyone have experience with this?

I have the Diamond in mine.

My Mausingfield had/has a very heavy firing pin spring in it. Also the Calvin Elite trigger I had was causing even more tension (some kind of drag???) which affected the bolt lift tension and made it seem even more heavy.

I cut two coils off the FP spring (first one coil with the CE installed) and installed the TT trigger. Finally the bolt lift is nice and the trigger is the best single stage trigger I've come across.

I'd personally suggest spending the extra money on the Diamond Pro, you might want to go to a lower trigger weight later on. Few times in my life have I been this happy with a product!!

And now the ARC -M is what I wanted all along.

Quote from the TT site.

All pull weights and measurements are approximate. ***Pull weights of TriggerTech Triggers are directly impacted by firing pin spring weight. Overweight firing pin springs may cause pulls weights to vary above the advertised range***

I'm not sure on the Mausingfield but I asked this same question on a Nucleus and didn't get an answer. I wanted a 1.5lb pull but didnt want to be on the light or heavy end of adjustment and wasn't sure whether to go special or diamond. I ended up getting a special and 1.5 is as light as I can go 3 clicks in according to directions so I should have went with a diamond if I want to go lighter.