• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mausingfield M7 Open top rail Issue. Need feedback

808caliber

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Aloha all,

So i have a mausingfield m7 that was built back in late 2019. it is the open top version, since that was the only one available at the time. It is a 7ss that has maybe 150rds down it. I was hunting the past 3 months during the weekends, so went out for maybe 6 trips and it was ok. the last trip was a few weeks ago, i came home and noticed obvious wobble in the action and scope base dovetail interface. I tried to re-tighten them, but ALL the screws were just free spinning and wouldn't even have ANY thread engagement. I did some further investigation and when i pulled the screws out, some of them had this thin ring of fine metal around it (pics will be below). At first, i also noticed the screws don't seem to protrude outside the base, so maybe my screws were somehow short. I ordered new ones from ARC, but then, the SAME thing, they all just sit flush against the scope rail and then spin freely with zero thread engagement. The threads on the screws look fine, but idk if somehow the threads on the rail ripped off??

It is also weird to me how the initial threads on the M7 open top tail are like "half threads", the screw just like sits on the first threads.

FYI i did send an email to ARC to see what they see could be wrong. I am purely posting this to get some peoples feedback and maybe see if anyone else with an m7 had any issues. My hunting season was over anyways so I'm not super mad, but it is disappointing. As for as torque, I'm not sure because it was completely assembled by my gunsmith.

Will update if ARC responds. Thanks everyone! This is making me really wish my m7 was like my original m5 mausingfield.

Attachments

• m7-3.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • m7-4.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • m7-5.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
  • m7-1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • m7-2.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
The aluminum said, "OUCH! That's too much", then gave up, and your bolts became really inefficient reamers.

Reactions: 808caliber
Yeah someone did. I don't have experience with the M7 to know if it's an easy thing to do, but judging from the ARC rings, I'd say someone went whole hog on them.

Reactions: 808caliber
Yeah someone did. I don't have experience with the M7 to know if it's an easy thing to do, but judging from the ARC rings, I'd say someone went whole hog on them.

Makes sense. Mahalos for the input