• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mausingfield M7 Timing w/TT Diamond 2 Stage?

axarob44

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2017
Warren, Ohio
I have a new M7 ARC Mausingfield with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 stage trigger that won't adjust down in weight past a certain point. I'm trying to find out if this can be related to sear over engagement. It's not overly stiff when closing the bolt but wondering if it could be tuned better with a different cocking piece. Everything functions fine with sear release and trigger reset. I'm actually fine with the trigger pull weight, but since it won't get any lighter I'm just interested to know why.

Wont adjust down in that you are A) at the bottom of the triggers adjustment range but want it lighter still or B) you still have half the adjustment clicking range to go but it never lightens up below, say 1lb for 15 clicks worth of adjustment?

I assume you are using a pull gauge and not just free handing it?

I know my Archimedes has swappable M3 cocking pieces but Im not sure if other actions do, I cant find them on the website for a nculeus or mausingfield. That only changes the sear hand off point though length wise, not its height variable which I think you are saying is the issue, the trigger tech has no method to adjust that. I suppose sanding the bottom of it down a smidge for more clearance could work but I go to Bix to measure and order correct myself. The TT is supposed to be a good match to ARC actions though.

Yes B) still have more clicker adjustment range. I couldn't find different cocking pieces on their website, so I'm not sure they make them. Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the weight and function of the TT trigger with the action but was curious why it won't go lighter. No trigger pull gauge but it's about as light as my TT Special at its end of adjustment in my Nucleus. The TT Diamond has an obvious amount more adjustment left

Changed the title because it's not really an "issue".

Last edited: