• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Mausingfield rail torque

drn1234

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Castle Rock Colorado
Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the top rail on a Mausingfield action?

Can't find an IOM anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

I just did 25 in/lb and blue Loc Tite. I didn't get any indications of bolt stretch or anything...

I did 25 in/lb and blue loctite also. I asked ARC and was told "Loctite is always good". :)

Is it the newer aluminum ones or the older steel ones? There would probably be a difference there. Loctite would definitely be a good idea as well.

Is it the newer aluminum ones or the older steel ones? There would probably be a difference there. Loctite would definitely be a good idea as well.
FWIW, the rail on my Mausingfield is steel, and I received it back in March (of course, it was an in-stock action at the builder... so there's no telling when it was manufactured).

I guess I was assuming that the newer ones were aluminum since the ones being sold on the website as replacement rails are aluminum. My first one is like s/n 42 or something and it's definitely a heavy steel rail.

My action was from 2015. When I contacted Ted I just asked for the torque specs and he did not ask for vintage or material of construction.
Just said 40 to 45