• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maven B5 18x56 Binoculars Information Request

Jthom091

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2012
Virginia
Does anyone have any experience with the Maven B5 18x56 binoculars? Any better options? Any opinions on Tripods / Mounts etc. would be great as well. If purchased I plan on using these for PRS shooting. Thanks

meopta 15x56 are really good for the price point. Spent time behind them at many PRS/field matches. Under SWaro's, i would consider these or Kowa Genesis.

/.02

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Does anyone have any experience with the Maven B5 18x56 binoculars? Any better options? Any opinions on Tripods / Mounts etc. would be great as well. If purchased I plan on using these for PRS shooting. Thanks
I absolutely love my 15x56 b5. I don't think you can go wrong with them but if you are unsure you can demo them for 15 dollars

I have the Meopta 15x and love them. I shoot with a guy who has the Swaros and we both agree it is hard to find any difference between, much less about $1000 difference. I will say the swaros appear a little brighter/ cooler color then my Meoptas, which have a little warmer tone.

Also, I recently had to send the Meoptas for a warranty repair (drop) and they were replaced with a new set with no questions asked.

I demo's the 12x56 vs meopta 12x50 and kept the meopta for a few reasons. My nose doesnt fit well with the large eye cups on the maven, low light resolution was surprisingly better with meopta, weight and size better with meopta, and the biggest was lack of CA. The mavens had a ton of CA. The mavens were brighter and clearer to me, though, just not enough to beat the meopta.

More than the Mavens?

Under Swaro's, if my budget was limited i would just get the meoptas 15x56, if that is the magnification i wanted. I personally am not going to bother with mavens, when i know what works. I've checked out Leica's and Zeiss too. You should try to go to matches and get time behind different bino's possibly, and see what you like.

Again, just my opinion. Go with what your budget and what you value allows.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug