• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mavin scopes

According to their website, they are either built in San Diego, Japan or the Philippines, depending on the model.
They've managed to stick around for a few years.

I just got a RS.2 2-10x38. Haven't mounted it yet. Feels robust and glass appears on par with the Meopta MeoPro / Zeiss Conquest series. Turret adjustments are definitely more crisp than the MeoPro or Conquest. At 12oz, it's going on a Barrett Fieldcraft. Mine says made in Japan.

I believe I read where Maven was started by veterans and they cut out the distributor by shipping direct. A buddy has a few binos and loves them. He said not Swaro quality, but unbeatable at price point. He is not a glass snob.

I figured I'd abuse this scope, and if it holds up, try the RS.4 5-30 model.

Sorry for the long response. Hope this helps.

Definitely interested in the RS.4. Looks to be a good mid price option.

I’ve been looking around for info on them as well. I’m looking at their new rs 5 for long range hunting rig. Not much info but all that I found was positive. Also have good warranty that seems on par with vortex but with I’m assuming better CS.

Can’t comment on the scopes but I will comment on their CS as I’ve had to use it for a set of bino’s.... sent a pair in because I’m rough as shit on my work gear and the diopter ring was loose. Less than a week goes by after mailing and I get an email stating that they would have to send it over to their plant in Cali and would take a few weeks to repair. That was fine with me, it was my fault they broke anyway, but they didn’t want me to have to wait that long so they went ahead and mailed me a brand new pair of binoculars without hesitating.

edited to add: this warranty claim was a couple of months ago for reference.

Last edited:
Can’t comment on the scopes but I will comment on their CS as I’ve had to use it for a set of bino’s.... sent a pair in because I’m rough as shit on my work gear and the diopter ring was loose. Less than a week goes by after mailing and I get an email stating that they would have to send it over to their plant in Cali and would take a few weeks to repair. That was fine with me, it was my fault they broke anyway, but they didn’t want me to have to wait that long so they went ahead and mailed me a brand new pair of binoculars without hesitating.

edited to add: this warranty claim was a couple of months ago for reference.
Wow that’s great. Thank you for the info. That helps with decision for sure.

I have an RS.4. It's a good scope.

Optically it's very good. Good eyebox, parallax goes down to 15yds, so I can resolve "targets" on the wall on the other side of my house, zero setting ridiculously easy, and it's a very short scope (I have the sunshade on mine). Turrets are next to completely silent and pretty easy to turn. Turrets feel a bit similar to a PST II, maybe a bit lighter. Reticle (CFR-MIL) is pretty nice, very legible. I compared it with a Cronus BTR I back in December - the Cronus had nicer turrets, the Maven had better low light transmission. Maven's parallax knob is pretty stiff. It has a ridiculously large range of elevation. I haven't tested it's tracking at those far edges though.

I think it holds up to the competition in its price range pretty well. I liked it better than my Ares ETR I used to have. Not as good as my USO FDN or Steiner M7XI.