• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Max load for 6.5 Creedmoor?

jeffersonv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
SoCal
I've been reading up on the OCW method for load development.
It is recommended to consult 3 load data sources for the max charge weight for your powder then back off a little from there for starters.
I'll be using 4350.
I don't know if there are 3 sources for 6.5 Creedmoor.
I see some on this forum have taken them up to 43 grains of 4350 without excessive pressure signs.

Anyone?

Re: Max load for 6.5 Creedmoor?

Factory load for 140 AMAX is 41.5grns of H4350. It used to be 41.9grns. I would start at 41.5 and work up.

I guess that's all there is for the Creedmoor so far? Start with the factory load?
It doesn't fit in with the instructions in the OCW article.

I don't have any recent reloading manuals. Anybody have one that lists a max load for the Creedmoor? Maybe no manuals list it yet?

Thanks.

Hodgdon's site lists it but as a max of around 40grns of H4350 for the 140. That's way low.

You might have to do it like we used to before the much beloved OCW method and work up the load. The 41.5grns of the factory load is a good place to start.

I just stumbled on a load that just hammers the targets with groups in the 3s and 4s for 10 shot groups for me. Its acctuly a load for the 260 rem 45.5 H4831 with a 140 Nosler custom comp bullet. Reduce the load and work up if you try, my rifle is a custom made one and the specs are tight. good luck

Thanks all.
It's hot and a good time to work on loads.
I got my best results with 43 grns of 4350/140
AMAX. 43.3 and I pierced a primer. 43 looked OK though. (?)
It was about 100 out.
Now I need too confirm and work on my dope.

I don't have any 4831 so it may be a while before I try that. At lease till after hunting season.