• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Maxed out windage on Razor LHT

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
A friend has a Daniel Defense Delta 5 chassis gun in 308. It had a Nightforce NSX 3.5-15 on it but he was having problems tracking or holding zero, I can't remember. He wanted it replaced and asked me to help put on a Vortex Razor LHT. He had never done it and didn't have the tools. It has Warne rings and so I pulled off the ring caps off, took the Nightforce off, dropped on the Razor, and had him check his eye relief and leveled the scope. I torqued down the ring caps to 18 inch-lbs. Done.

I usually pull the bolt and bore sight down the barrel. I happened to see my Leupold bore sighter and thought, I'll just slap this on the end of the barrel and bore sight it quick for him. Hoping it would get him on paper at 100yds. I had to max out the windage to get it to line up with the bore sight. Hopefully when he shoots it'll have to come back the other way a little. The Leupold bore sight tool is the one that is a periscope style and magnetically attaches to the muzzle. I'm hoping there is some error in that.

Looking at the two scopes the Nightforce has twice as much windage travel as the Razor LHT. Any other ways to correct this?

shoot it and see. just going off of a bore sight thing is meh

which LHT? not that it matters much they should have plenty of windage to zero a well built rifle

6mil each way is a lot of windage to play with. something sounds off. but you haven't shot it yet so it doesn't mean anything

how far from center/edge was the NXS?

The only time I’ve seen a scope run out of windage was a savage that has scope base holes so off it was visible to the naked eye.

Given he had issues before, any chance the rail or mount is messed up. Or incorrectly installed? BTW I'd think the nxs would have a lesser chance of issues vs the lht.

Reactions: YotaEer