• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MAY 1-2 Hardrock Match.

j-huskey

Jafo / Instigator !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2001
AL
none
The May 1-2 Hardrock match will not be held. Issues beyond my control create this situation.
Please tell all your friends you know that were planning to come.

We will resume the matches and let you know as soon as possible when.

J.W.Huskey

Re: April 1-2 Hardrock Match.

Mike,

Yes, he did. Email to go out today after finishing cleaning up the tree which tried to fall on my house.

Thanks,
DocB

Re: MAY 1-2 Hardrock Match.

I am down in the dumps now! I was looking forward to my first match ever. When will the next one be? I was just getting tuned into 1000yds. I guess I now have more time to figure out the crusader and get it fine tuned with some 190smk's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Yes, he did. Email to go out today after finishing cleaning up the tree which tried to fall on my house.

Thanks,
DocB </div></div>

I got no email, did you get a chance to send it out?

Just got off the phone with Capty. Huskey....seems a Tornado hit the lower end of the bean field this past Sunday. The port-a- potty is no longer! Two of the shooting tables have been destroyed along with a certain person's golf cart. One of the tables was thrown at least 100 yards and the other about 40 yards. Trees down every where. Soon as everything is cleaned up, the matches will resume!

Ed

Thanks for the update Ed, was wondering what happened.

Looking forward to the next match, as well as the first team match. OSOK, has his base camp on wheels all set up, this you have to see. My 300wm is up an running. Looking forward to when we can shoot our bigger sticks in a team match one day.

What he should have gotten was a "V.T.R." that way he could have redid the road each match.

I do have my eye on a M35a2, it still has the M-2 Ring Mount.

Hate to hear about the damage... Wish I was closer so I could lend a hand...

Maybe we could schedule a clean up day, I am only about an hour away. I have a 4x4 and a small trailer, with 4x4 ATV. Would be glad to help any way I could. I need the exercise.

Mike

Will,

I'm just wanting a carbon foot print, larger than Al Whore.
grin.gif

The one I'm interested in looks ready to load on a ship. She has winches front an rear, ring mount, the pioneer kit is sharp an complete, tow cables are there as well. Como is something, I've never seen before, but it works.

Commo ?? Mil commo or something civie made up to look military ? It would be interesting to have show up that's for sure. Not sure I'd want to ride in back driving up & down range to paint. Would bring back to many (not so happy) memories. Not to mention aches & pains !!!

Military Radio, never seen one like it in all my time. It has standard dials/knobs, plus a touch pad. Has two antenna's plugged into it, std flex type, an one that moves up an down when you change the freq with the touch pad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we could schedule a clean up day, I am only about an hour away. I have a 4x4 and a small trailer, with 4x4 ATV. Would be glad to help any way I could. I need the exercise.

Mike </div></div>

It's going to be a little slow, but we will get there. After the timber people give their estimate and I know what I can let go for firewood, etc, and can start getting the junk out, we may accept those who wish to come help's offer.

In the mean time, we wait for turkey season to end, so the hunters will leave, so a saw running won't disturb their vaginal day. Sorry bastards have not done a damn thing to help clean out the roads, they drive around or over the trees in their ATV's. Payback to them cometh....

I did get the road cleared yesterday with the bulldozier, so that gives us a way in to get the tables out that need repair.

Will keep yall posted.

Thanks,
jw

When does the damn turkey season end, you could probably sit patiently at the benches and kill as many as they kill.

Mike

Mike, end of month closes the season. Yes, you could sit at the benches and nail a few (Except the game laws ban scoped rifle & pistol), have seen deer, coyote & turkey and I think even a fox one time. They are sneaky ... usually around the 350-400 yd area. Neat little dip in the terrain almost hides them and gives just a slight window and they always seem to have a good running start.

I'd rather hunt hogs but they have their own challenges ... like mass & tusks. That's why I prefer to nail them at 100+ yds with a Amax or similar bullet ! DocB suggest I carry 45 ACP as back up loaded with the Gold Dot loads he gave me. Just in case one gets too close for comfort.

i was planning on attending the may matches, but AOD told me they were postponed till further notice. this will be my first match, and i hope to learn a lot from ya'll. if anyone has any tips or advice on shooting 1k, please feel free to pm me, i'm new to long range shooting and reloading. needless to say i'm in love with it.