• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

May 2014 Las Vegas Precision Rifle Match Results

broke_again

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2010
Kansas City
We had 28 shooters from 4 states turn out today for the match. This was our trial run of holding the match on Nellis AFB. This range allows us to place targets out to 1,000 yds with a little bit of work. I want to thank Joe D for hauling that IPSC target up the hill to 930 yds.

The wind was not too bad until the end of the match. It definitely made for some challenging stages.

We will be working on improving the range by installing a metal sun shade, improving target locations, and installing permanent targets at long range.

Results

1st - Simon - 56 pts
2nd - Dane - 45 pts
3rd - Jason - 38 pts
4th - Brad B - 35 pts
5th - Joe D - 34 pts
6th - Tim M 34 pts
7th - Charlie 29 pts
8th - Dale 29 pts
9th - Eddie 29 pts
10th - Roy 27 pts
11th - GW 27 pts
12th - Joe C 23 pts
13th - Jorge 22 pts
14th - Tom 22 pts
15th - Beau 21 pts
16th - Nolan 21 pts
17th - Mark Z 18pts
18th - Bill 18 pts
19th - Jerrod 11 pts
20th - Phillip 9 pts
21th - Taylor 7 pts
22nd - Mike L 6 pts
23rd - Rodger 4 pts
24th - Jeff 4 pts
25th - William N 4 pts
26th - Bruno 3 pts
27th - Jerry 1 pt
28th - Sarah DNF

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who made this match possible!!!! This was my first match in Las Vegas and I had a great time. I would like to have shot better but that will come with time. The Nellis AFB location was fun and how the stages were set made for some tricky shots with the wind. I look forward to the next match. Thanks again!!!

Another excellent time with some really good shooting given the tricky winds. Thanks to everyone who made it from out of state for our baptismal event at Nellis Gun Club. And a special thanks to Albert, who runs the Nellis Gun Club...Great host and a great guy. Looking forward to more events at Nellis and training there.

Attachments

• IMG_2300.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 24
what time was the match over?
is the sun at your back?
are you shooting level?
how often will we be shooting there?

This is a great venue! A great range with some tricky winds at times will make for some great matches. Thanks Sin City and Nellis for the opportunity to shoot here.

any chance you know if this was the last of the season or if there will be another? Was really hoping to try this range but unfortunately my rifle wasnt finished in time.

is the sun at your back?
are you shooting level?

It finished around 1pm but I think it was due to getting use to the range among having some new shooters.

is the sun at your back?
No, the range faces East.

are you shooting level?
No, the shooting are is pea gravel but we're hoping to change that in the future.

That's to be determined. We like the fact that we can now stretch out our legs to 1K yards if needed (versus 644 yds at the previous range).

Looking forward to developing the range at Nellis on continually improving the match for those who participate! Looking forward to next months match and I hope to see more new faces.

Steve, thank you for the pictures. You did a great job, I think at the next big match you and I might have a little bit of a special assignment. I will keep you posted!

Thanks to the Sin City crew for putting on a great monthly match,
and the hospitality that I received. You guys have something special
on that base and I know it will only get bigger and better. (yes I am jealous)
Hope to see you next month.

Hello everyone! I'm planning on attending the next match on June 7th. It'll be my first match of this type and I'm very excited to learn. Hope to see you all there!