• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maybe a m1903 target build?

HomeSlice

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
IN, USA
I've got a stripped receiver, and some other misc parts, for a M1903 Springfield I got from the CMP 10 years ago or so. I'm thinking of having it built into a vintage target rifle, but have a shitpile of questions:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]First, and most importantly, who would you have build this thing? It doesn't have to be historically correct, but accurate and reasonably close.
[*]What other surplus parts do you think I'll need to scrounge? I think I have a bolt and a few other misc items... [*]Is this a stupid idea? [*]Has anybody else here done this? Is so, I'd love to hear your experience and lessons-learned. [*]Am I better off just selling the stripped receiver to somebody? (yeah, that's pretty vague) [/list]

This is more of a fun project rather than building an uber-tacticool rig. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it though. Still in the idea stage.

Sorry for the ramble.
-Slice