• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maybe someone should take this History Professor shooting!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

Very interesting opinion piece.

And some very, very interesting research to back it up.

Perhaps some outreach would help create an understanding of how the firearm has played an important role in history.

Not just in the hands of bad folks... but largely in the hands of good people!

Sirhr

Very interesting opinion piece.

And some very, very interesting research to back it up.

Perhaps some outreach would help create an understanding of how the firearm has played an important role in history.

Not just in the hands of bad folks... but largely in the hands of good people!

Sirhr

I sent that article to Maj Toure. hopefully he'll reach out to her.

Perhaps , the professor should read this;

Lots of truth in that article. Most of the gun laws in the South after the Civil War were aimed at keeping firearms out of the hands of poor (average) Southerners and recently freed slaves. A good example is, in NC, you still have to get a pistol purchase permit from the local Sheriff.

Correct me if I am miss informed. But was not the NRA created for the benefit of all(all) free people following the civil war?

Yeah, sure. Take a walk through da ‘hood and let me know how many NRA stickers you see. Ask the mothers, wives, of age people when was the last time the NRA proposed a weapon safety class or something else along those lines?

I can already tell you the answer.

The NRA ignores a huge part of the population, and fails to realize if they brought that population into the fold, then our gun rights would have way more support. Plus it would become rayciss to ban guns...

Then the NRA figure heads would run out of a job. Oh well. They just continue to ignore all the unconstitutional gun shit happening. They stopped being useful about 4 years ago.

Yeah, sure. Take a walk through da ‘hood and let me know how many NRA stickers you see. Ask the mothers, wives, of age people when was the last time the NRA proposed a weapon safety class or something else along those lines?

I can already tell you the answer.

The NRA ignores a huge part of the population, and fails to realize if they brought that population into the fold, then our gun rights would have way more support. Plus it would become rayciss to ban guns...

Then the NRA figure heads would run out of a job. Oh well. They just continue to ignore all the unconstitutional gun shit happening. They stopped being useful about 4 years ago.

That huge part of the population equals about 14%, a substantial part of which either does not vote, can not vote or more than likely will only vote for free shit. Go ahead and make inroads into that community and it'll only come back to bite you in the ass when little ra-na-na shoots his cousin with ma-ma's gun cus he got dis'd. It's pissing up a rope...

That huge part of the population equals about 14%, a substantial part of which either does not vote, can not vote or more than likely will only vote for free shit. Go ahead and make inroads into that community and it'll only come back to bite you in the ass when little ra-na-na shoots his cousin with ma-ma's gun cus he got dis'd. It's pissing up a rope...

Except that in an era where elections are being turned on a fraction of a percent... every person does matter. Moreover, the 'average' black voter is not a gang-banger rap star wannabe with a basketball Jones.... But a blue or white-collar worker, that tends to be religiously conservative and a potential rock of republican/libertarian values. The problem is that they are subjected to an incessant drumbeat from the media that Republicans are racist, gun owners are racist, white people are racist... blah blah blah. Bull! We need to welcome good citizens into gun ownership no matter who they are.

As for the sh1+wads you mention? Let them rot in jail with the cracker tweaker cousin-porking inbred redneck sh!+wads... the drug-importing, fence-jumping LBP wet sh!twads... the souped-up-Honda Tong-loving cat-eating sh!+wads...

But until they are a proved either a Communist or a jail-bound sh!+wad.... let's treat them as potential allies and good Citizens. And noone wants the sh!+wads representing their demographic anyway.

And to back some of that up with stats (and someone correct me if my numbers are off) but of the 12 -14 percent of African Americans in this country... Right now, only about 8 percent identify as even 'leaning' Republican. 2 percent are strong republican. If just 15 - 20 percent of the black population started voting Republican/conservative, then the Dem/Com's would be out of pretty much every office in the country.

And to paint a not so sad picture... Black employment is at a record high. The left has gone completely mental and the population knows it... The African American demographic tend to be anti-illegal immigration because illegals lower wages and take away entry-level jobs. And they recognize that Trump is not a racist, never has been... and that the more the Chicken Little white communists keep screaming that term, the more it insults a population that has endured enough racism and oppression. Trump may be able to capture 20 percent of the black vote in 2020... and if, as a conservative population, we can hold onto it... the DemComs (like my new word?) have no chance. None. Their days of free votes for doing nothing will be gone.

Just my two percent of a dollar, your mileage may vary, offer not valid in Palo Alto, As seen on TV, etc. etc. etc. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
Im shocked someone on Beacon Hill is a member of the NRA and displays it.

Think I walked by Hayden House recently but didnt note the sticker.

A sort of reverse brain washing is played on minority communities having them believe they live in a world institutionally against them yet markets the Institution as the only entity that can protect their safety so they should be willing to disarm.

Doesnt make sense yet they buy into it.

@QuickNDirty you seem to have established some sort of third party go between contact.

I live in the MA area as it seems the author does.

I would recommend Sig Sauer for training. Its an hour away from Boston and they teach from ground zero and provide equipment.

What interests me about these "minority discovers the Second Amendment" pieces is that they express their interest is triggered by "the rise of Trump".

My club supports the local chapter of "Pink Pistols", an LBTQXYZ shooting group. They get dedicated range time monthly.

It seems they are scared of me and those like me yet I support her/them in their new found interest and welcome them as friends.

Granted they are only about 10 percent of fully understanding the Second Amendment, failing to realize that most important 90 percent they are missing concerns protection from the Government not just predators, but this first step of understanding - that they are responsible/have the right to protect themselves - is key.

Id be happy to introduce the author to various ways she can increase her new enlightened attitude in the Boston area.

Lots of truth in that article. Most of the gun laws in the South after the Civil War were aimed at keeping firearms out of the hands of poor (average) Southerners and recently freed slaves. A good example is, in NC, you still have to get a pistol purchase permit from the local Sheriff.
Only if you don’t have a concealed carry permit

Reactions: kindabitey
My friend lives in NC and has a stalker after her that is bipolar and has schizophrenia. She went to court and got a no contact order against him and was hoping to buy a gun for safety, but no NC is making her wait 2 weeks. CRAZY!,, she’s in fear of her life and can’t get a gun to protect herself. NC needs to change. If anyone knows a way around that let me know,,, thanks

My friend lives in NC and has a stalker after her that is bipolar and has schizophrenia. She went to court and got a no contact order against him and was hoping to buy a gun for safety, but no NC is making her wait 2 weeks. CRAZY!,, she’s in fear of her life and can’t get a gun to protect herself. NC needs to change. If anyone knows a way around that let me know,,, thanks

When I lived in NC in the early late '80s and early '90s, the thing you had to wait on was a permit to 'buy' a handgun from a dealer. Private sales did not require a permit. So if she is trying to buy from an FFL, she needs to hand over one of the 'tickets/permits' that took time to issue (IIRC, you could 'buy' five at a time?) But if she is buying privately, there is no need for a permit.

That may have changed.

NC filled up with High-Tech and Banking urban Northerners... and there went that state. They destroy everything they touch.

Sirhr

NC law requires purchase permit for private handgun transfers. That's the law.

My first pistol purchase may or may not have been in NC. I may or may not have been old enough to get a permit. Follow the law when you can, to Hell with it when you cant. JMHO.

Last edited:
NC law requires purchase permit for private handgun transfers. That's the law.

My first pistol purchase may or may not have been in NC. I may or may not have been old enough to get a permit. Follow the law when you can, to Hell with it when YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE. JMHO.

FISSED IT FO YA.

Or when you're just tired of carrying a rifle through the thickest laurels NC has to offer.

Hello Folks,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I reached out to Maj Toure of Black Guns Matter to see about setting up a range trip for him and the author of the article in the original post.

I have received a simple but understandable response from Ms. Miles.

"Thank you for the offer, but I wouldn't trust myself with a weapon."

I've heard this many times when introducing new shooters to firearms.

After discussing how fun it is, what to expect at the range, some historical context, and the following items...

The 4 rules with some real-world examples to drive the points home:
  • All guns are always loaded
  • Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, always
  • Finger off the trigger until ready to fire
  • Know your target and what is beyond it
Sight picture:

Weapon operation (CZ-75 P-01, clear chamber, slide down, hammer down, magazine out):
  • Insert magazine
  • Pull slide all the way to the rear
  • Release slide, do not ride it forward
  • The firearm is now ready to fire.
  • Press the de-cocking lever to make safe(r)
Dry run:
  • With no rounds in the magazine, go through the firearm operation steps
  • Dry fire in single and double action a few times, and get acquainted with the de-cocker
Firing:
- Firmly grip the handgun and slowly and steadily depress the trigger while maintaining sight picture

Potential issues:
  • Hot brass in cleavage. It happens. Assume it will happen. It's not a big deal. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, remove finger from trigger and either ignore it and keep shooting, or set the firearm down before trying to get it out.
  • Broken nail. This occasionally happens. Keep muzzle in a safe direction, remove finger from trigger, set the firearm down.
  • Weapon malfunction. Muzzle in safe direction, finger off trigger, set the firearm down. I'll inspect and clear the malfunction unless you want to.
  • Target hanger got shot. It's cool, I'll cover that. Relax. Maintain sight picture =)

We finally get to the first shot fired by someone who has never handled a firearm before:
BOOM! EEK! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Happens every time, then a few hundred rounds later they're disappointed that the range trip is over and wondering when the next one is, can they bring their boyfriends/brothers/mothers/whatever (if they didn't this trip).

I would love nothing more than for Ms. Miles to have an experience like that and I would be happy to help cover the expenses as I do for anyone else, and for her to have an opportunity to interact with garden variety gun owners. While I think it would be fantastic if she wrote another article describing the experience and how she came to the realization that shooting is perhaps her most favorite new hobby which she would actively advocate for on local, state, and federal levels, all I expect from this is that she learn a few things about firearms, feel a little more empowered, capable, and confident, and be happy that she took a chance on herself and realized it was no big deal.

Toward that end, I'm thinking about inviting her to this thread. I think if I did, and when she got here, she saw the initial discussion (good and bad), and saw a big invite and welcome from some shooting enthusiasts along with stories similar to the one I posted above, that maybe that would be enough to convince her to take us up on the offer.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I reached out to Maj Toure of Black Guns Matter to see about setting up a range trip for him and the author of the article in the original post.

I have received a simple but understandable response from Ms. Miles.

"Thank you for the offer, but I wouldn't trust myself with a weapon."

I've heard this many times when introducing new shooters to firearms.

After discussing how fun it is, what to expect at the range, some historical context, and the following items...

The 4 rules with some real-world examples to drive the points home:
  • All guns are always loaded
  • Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, always
  • Finger off the trigger until ready to fire
  • Know your target and what is beyond it
Sight picture:
View attachment 7041600

Weapon operation (CZ-75 P-01, clear chamber, slide down, hammer down, magazine out):
  • Insert magazine
  • Pull slide all the way to the rear
  • Release slide, do not ride it forward
  • The firearm is now ready to fire.
  • Press the de-cocking lever to make safe(r)
Dry run:
  • With no rounds in the magazine, go through the firearm operation steps
  • Dry fire in single and double action a few times, and get acquainted with the de-cocker
Firing:
- Firmly grip the handgun and slowly and steadily depress the trigger while maintaining sight picture

Potential issues:
  • Hot brass in cleavage. It happens. Assume it will happen. It's not a big deal. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, remove finger from trigger and either ignore it and keep shooting, or set the firearm down before trying to get it out.
  • Broken nail. This occasionally happens. Keep muzzle in a safe direction, remove finger from trigger, set the firearm down.
  • Weapon malfunction. Muzzle in safe direction, finger off trigger, set the firearm down. I'll inspect and clear the malfunction unless you want to.
  • Target hanger got shot. It's cool, I'll cover that. Relax. Maintain sight picture =)
We finally get to the first shot fired by someone who has never handled a firearm before:
BOOM! EEK! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Happens every time, then a few hundred rounds later they're disappointed that the range trip is over and wondering when the next one is, can they bring their boyfriends/brothers/mothers/whatever (if they didn't this trip).

I would love nothing more than for Ms. Miles to have an experience like that and I would be happy to help cover the expenses as I do for anyone else, and for her to have an opportunity to interact with garden variety gun owners. While I think it would be fantastic if she wrote another article describing the experience and how she came to the realization that shooting is perhaps her most favorite new hobby which she would actively advocate for on local, state, and federal levels, all I expect from this is that she learn a few things about firearms, feel a little more empowered, capable, and confident, and be happy that she took a chance on herself and realized it was no big deal.

Toward that end, I'm thinking about inviting her to this thread. I think if I did, and when she got here, she saw the initial discussion (good and bad), and saw a big invite and welcome from some shooting enthusiasts along with stories similar to the one I posted above, that maybe that would be enough to convince her to take us up on the offer.

Thoughts?

What sucks is that people of her bent - anti gun - apply that "I cant trust myself with a gun." to us.

Whether she thinks she lacks the maturity, physical ability, or can not control some dark mental thoughts - therefore "Does not trust herself with a gun" - should not be applied to me.

Yet that is what they do.

She wants to continue her education and is a Massachusetts resident I would be glad to introduce her to the community locally.

Today she could have enjoyed some beautiful outdoors time...

Sorry been posting those pics everywhere today 'cause I had such a good time.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuickNDirty
Democrats fought to keep slavery until Republicans defeated them.

Democrats founded the KKK.

Democrats fought for segregation and kept it up until Republicans sent the National Guard to stop it.

Democrats fought to stop black kids from attending their own racist public schools.

Democrats insured not one single black American serviceman in WWII received the Medal of Honor, it took fifty years and a Republican congress to force Democrats to reverse their racist ways in this case.

Democrats, led by Al Gore's own father fought against the Civil Rights Act of 1965.

Under Obama, Democrats led an eight year period of the worst black unemployment in decades and increased poverty and hardships in the nations minority communities.

I've never seen a person of color discriminated against in a gun or on a firing line at a competitive shooting event in more than 30 years of competitive shooting. As a matter of fact, I've seen more people stand up to stop a demeaning conversation from happening than I've ever seen engage in one in front of a woman or person of color.

To me, the idea of being black and voting blindly for Democrats is similar to being Jewish and voting for Hitler.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Democrats fought to keep slavery until Republicans defeated them.

Democrats founded the KKK.

Democrats fought for segregation and kept it up until Republicans sent the National Guard to stop it.

Democrats fought to stop black kids from attending their own racist public schools.

Democrats insured not one single black American serviceman in WWII received the Medal of Honor, it took fifty years and a Republican congress to force Democrats to reverse their racist ways in this case.

Democrats, led by Al Gore's own father fought against the Civil Rights Act of 1965.

Under Obama, Democrats led an eight year period of the worst black unemployment in decades and increased poverty and hardships in the nations minority communities.

I've never seen a person of color discriminated against in a gun or on a firing line at a competitive shooting event in more than 30 years of competitive shooting. As a matter of fact, I've seen more people stand up to stop a demeaning conversation from happening than I've ever seen engage in one in front of a woman or person of color.

To me, the idea of being black and voting blindly for Democrats is similar to being Jewish and voting for Hitler.

Hey you forgot to mention all the American citizens of Japanese decent that the democrats locked away during WWII.

and lets not leave out this gem as reported by Allen West.

Guess Mr. West didnt get the memo from the Dems that he was bought and owned.

Reactions: SilentStalkr