• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maybe this is 4D chess.....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Major liberal market news station.......just did a piece on the shortage of PPE.

Supplier comment "We need more US Manufactures. We are not getting any supplies from China"

The market was due for a pullback.

Better now than October.

What if come October we are at 100 percent employment building American manufacturing plants and the stock market is at 29K?

Weather is getting warm.

Saw lots of walkers out today.

No one is at work and it appears they ain't staying inside either.

How long before they get bored of this shit.

They have all been expecting to see people keeling over before their eyes for a month now.

How long will their fear keep them in the control of the media?

Last edited:
    Reactions: DocHolliday01
    Same station now advocating for grocery stores to only allow single use bags.

They just changed all the laws around here to charge for single use bags in order to force use of multiple use bags.

Liberalism.........it's a mental disorder.

This might be very good for us as long as we weather the storm. Im hoping people realize that our reliance on China is bad and just maybe the will understand why American Jobs and Manufacturing has been pushed so hard by this Admin.

Im hoping people realize that our reliance on China is bad...

LoL, this aint grand-dads America. Would be happy to be wrong but aint happening all on its own...for a variety of reasons.

But...if govt mandates that certain products be made here, then sure. Or if govt provides addtl incentives, then sure.

That should make the free market "capitalists" squirm a bit...or not.

When companies get back on their feet where are they going to look for supply...yep, China. Who will by then be more than ready to fill the orders.

We had friends over last night for St. Patrick's day.

I will continue living but I will also be careful. Last month I wrote about being very sick with a fever after I got back from a trip to SF where I stayed at a Chinese hotel in Chinatown. I eventually got diagnosed with pneumonia which spread to my wife and oldest daughter. The doctor first thought it was the flu but a few days later at my insistence the doctor did an X-ray and saw the pneumonia. COVID-19 was not a thing yet.

Today, my wife thinks we all had COVID-19 due to the propagation that it had in our house. She has talked it over with the doctors at the hospital she works and they think the same.

I think the upside of this whole mess is it will certainly precipitate change in a big way. Not sure what form it will take but it will happen.

So Nik, is it possible for you or family members to be tested? As in, would the coronathingy still show up as an antibody or something? If so, you'd be officially the first "one-of-us" (say it as monotone as possible) to get it.

And LIVE, to actually tell the tale about how devastating it is, and where you had to resort to rioting etc because 'conditions'.

Shirley, you get the ironical sarcasm.

Somewhere between 95-97% of our anti-biotics come from China. This is what our shitheads in congress have done to us. At what point are we the people going to fix it because they sure as shit won't. It amazes me that our market is tanking yet China's down like 1.4%. They bitched about the tarrif deal particularly the currency manipulation. They found a new way. Add in the projection that the military gave it to them... This was an attack and I think like the OP it was seen beforehand and they had contingencies for many things.
    People like Feinstein who had multiple Chinese spies working for her. The cites that China has bought off the city councils. The revocation of press passes this week to all the liberal oulets to pressure them. They have been bleeding money with the false narrative and now the cash cow is cutting them off.
    This is going to get good but the bad is not done yet.

Reactions: pmclaine

I will continue living but I will also be careful. Last month I wrote about being very sick with a fever after I got back from a trip to SF where I stayed at a Chinese hotel in Chinatown. I eventually got diagnosed with pneumonia which spread to my wife and oldest daughter. The doctor first thought it was the flu but a few days later at my insistence the doctor did an X-ray and saw the pneumonia. COVID-19 was not a thing yet.

Today, my wife thinks we all had COVID-19 due to the propagation that it had in our house. She has talked it over with the doctors at the hospital she works and they think the same.

I think the upside of this whole mess is it will certainly precipitate change in a big way. Not sure what form it will take but it will happen.

I'm convinced the flu that me and my household got back in early January was the Flumanchu.

Like Sean, I would really like to know if they can do antibody titers on you and your family to determine if that’s what it was.

There is a good chance that the rather sudden and virulent "upper respiratory infection" that swept through our section of the North Texas Area could possibly have been somehow related. The symptoms were all the same but who knows, because the doctors weren't testing anyone for anything unless it was for pneumonia as a secondary.

I went and all they said was yep, looks like that pretty bad upper respiratory infection that's been going around like crazy, thanks to the schools, go home get better. Later on for a follow up to check on a cough they were like... doesn't sound like anything in your lungs, so go home get better.

With no testing it's hard to say what it was, but the outbreak was mid February to early March.

So Nik, is it possible for you or family members to be tested? As in, would the coronathingy still show up as an antibody or something? If so, you'd be officially the first "one-of-us" (say it as monotone as possible) to get it.

And LIVE, to actually tell the tale about how devastating it is, and where you had to resort to rioting etc because 'conditions'.

Shirley, you get the ironical sarcasm.

My wife is looking into whether some test is available but it has been a bit since we all got better.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Is there any test yet that could determine if you had it recently?

I could see that being a really useful test, as in, don't worry you already got it and are better so get on with life.

• Love
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    LoL, this aint grand-dads America. Would be happy to be wrong but aint happening all on its own...for a variety of reasons.

But...if govt mandates that certain products be made here, then sure. Or if govt provides addtl incentives, then sure.

That should make the free market "capitalists" squirm a bit...or not.

When companies get back on their feet where are they going to look for supply...yep, China. Who will by then be more than ready to fill the orders.

The problem is we let overseas manufacturers get away with shit, either EPA or OSHA wise as well as other regs, that we wont allow here.

Our manufacturers cant meet those standards and compete.

There are hard costs to regs.

Force the overseas manufacturers to meet our standard or tariff them accordingly to raise the cost of their product equal to the cost of the regs.

This was not done without knowledge aforethought.

It was an act of malice against America and American workers.

Last edited:

Glad you are all well.

There needs to be change.

This may hammer home to the "Kumbaya Crowd" - people I will describe as good people but they see no, nor believe in any, evil in the world, they think all cultures are equal - perhaps these people will see the value of walls, standards and American Exceptionalism.

I read last night there is a bill being formed to go after reparations from China in one of the committees. With them holding our debt we can collect via non payment. I don't think it would be hard to convince the your a peeins to do the same. The WTO let the Chicoms in and they destroyed a growing economy weather on purpose or through their negligence. Making them pay would be only fair to "woke" crowd

Stock markets.

?? -26%

?? -26%

?? -25%

?? -20%

Now, look at this:

?? (China) + 0,3%

China the creator of the pandemic, has miraculously "recovered", has almost no more cases of coronavirus.

The world is now beginning to feel the effects and panic about the disease.

Who recovered first ?? China itself

It seems to be that this virus was a move by the Chinese government in response to the loss of the trade war with the United States.

The goal: To throw the world into recession !!!
    China bought almost everything it devalued on the stock exchanges around the world ... with that the Chinese became owners of the global companies that are in China and without the money even leaving China.

Boomers outsourced the entirety of America to China, now their decisions are coming back to kill them, just deserts.

The problem is we let overseas manufacturers get away with shit, either EPA or OSHA wise as well as other regs, that we wont allow here.

Our manufacturers cant meet those standards and compete.

There are hard costs to regs.

Force the overseas manufacturers to meet our standard or tariff them accordingly to raise the cost of their product equal to the cost of the regs.

This was not done without knowledge aforethought.

It was an act of malice against America and American workers.

It not EPA or OSHA but Greed , chase for the botom line and the outdated patent system that encurages it . Market is split into pricegouging hyper expensive original drugs and cheap generics

Generic drugs represent some 80% of the drugs sold yet only represent cca 9.5% of the costs for drugs. Without Generics healthcare systems more or less colapse.

In EU ,European patent law, provides 20-year protection for a drug, prohibits the production of any generic version of the drug during this time . 20years is a heck of along time . In this time frame no European generic manfacturer can manufacture a generic drug even if its meant for export, but they can be made in China and India. US patents are similar but gamed more

''Drug companies build massive patent walls around their products, extending the protection over and over again. Some modern drugs have an avalanche of U.S. patents, with expiration dates staggered across time. For example, the rheumatoid arthritis drug Humira is protected by more than 100 patents. Walls like that are insurmountable.

Rather than rewarding innovation, our patent system is now largely repurposing drugs. Between 2005 and 2015, more than three-quarters of the drugs associated with new patents were not new ones coming on the market but existing ones. In other words, we are mostly churning and recycling.

Particularly troubling, new patents can be obtained on minor tweaks such as adjustments to dosage or delivery systems — a once-a-day pill instead of a twice-a-day one; a capsule rather than a tablet. Tinkering like this may have some value to some patients, but it nowhere near justifies the rewards we lavish on companies for doing it. From society’s standpoint, incentives should drive scientists back to the lab to look for new things, not to recycle existing drugs for minimal benefit.''

More than 70% of the 100 best-selling drugs between 2005 and 2015 had their protection extended at least once, with almost 50% receiving more than one exclusivity extension.

I-MAK’s 2018 report identified a similar trend among the 12 best selling drugs in the US in 2017; it found that the drugs have an average of 38 years of exclusivity – almost double the 20 year original patent protection – and an average of 125 patent applications.

Western pharma industry particulary one in US is still strong .
    EDJNet-Pharma-800x540.jpg

Last edited:
    Hi,

Here is the fastest way to get manufacturing back to the USA side of the house.

Goes something like this (very brief version):

1. If the .gov uses a product and it is manufactured in the USA they must buy from one of those manufacturers. (Before anyone brings up Berry Compliant, yada yada....that shit is easy to get around with so many exemptions and stipulations.).

2. Any company that .gov does sign a contract with (no matter what the product or service is)..that company is required to provide xyz value to an offset/obligation. Which means company abc gets a 100 million dollar contract from the .gov, that company is required to provide offset/obligation of specified amount to another company in terms of financial capital, equipment purchase, technical job training, etc etc..the list goes on and on but basically every company doing business with .gov is required to offset a percentage of that contract with assistance to another company. Some things are dollar to dollar for the obligation fulfillment, some of 3 to 1, etc etc. (Setting up manufacturing offset in any of the top 5 industries gives the better dollar to dollar rates).

Pretty sure General Dynamics, Boeing, Chevrolet, 3M, Xerox, etc etc would be more than willing to be 49% owners in the new offset/obligation companies in order to keep their .gov contracts.

That way atleast some of our tax dollars (paying for the products/services of that .gov contract) can actually help grow businesses in the USA.

Sincerely,
    Theis

PS: Guess how many and how fast new manufacturing companies open back up in the USA and reduce our NEED for China manufactured products???

Hi,

Here is the fastest way to get manufacturing back to the USA side of the house.

Goes something like this (very brief version):

1. If the .gov uses a product and it is manufactured in the USA they must buy from one of those manufacturers. (Before anyone brings up Berry Compliant, yada yada....that shit is easy to get around with so many exemptions and stipulations.).

2. Any company that .gov does sign a contract with (no matter what the product or service is)..that company is required to provide xyz value to an offset/obligation. Which means company abc gets a 100 million dollar contract from the .gov, that company is required to provide offset/obligation of specified amount to another company in terms of financial capital, equipment purchase, technical job training, etc etc..the list goes on and on but basically every company doing business with .gov is required to offset a percentage of that contract with assistance to another company. Some things are dollar to dollar for the obligation fulfillment, some of 3 to 1, etc etc. (Setting up manufacturing offset in any of the top 5 industries gives the better dollar to dollar rates).

Pretty sure General Dynamics, Boeing, Chevrolet, 3M, Xerox, etc etc would be more than willing to be 49% owners in the new offset/obligation companies in order to keep their .gov contracts.

That way atleast some of our tax dollars (paying for the products/services of that .gov contract) can actually help grow businesses in the USA.

Sincerely,
    Theis

PS: Guess how many and how fast new manufacturing companies open back up in the USA and reduce our NEED for China manufactured products???

This is actualy a bad way to do it , we in Europe have been using such arangments for just about any defense contracts with foreign supplyer (US or other European country) offsets mostly turn out to be gross misuse of funds and the supplyer factors this BS into the cost of the contract that turns out to be much more expensive and wastefull than if offsets are not utilised. Not only is cost of the offset factored in but also cost of managing such offsets'

So instead of your 1000$ xerox you now pay 1600$ for same machine and 500$ of that is spent of some useless project(remember goal is offset itself not effect of that offset) and 100$ is spent on new Xerox offset managment office .

Imagine this like funds spent on programs to rebuild Afghanistan , offset system its typicaly done is similary wasteful and fraudulent fashion.

You are far better off investing those 500$ in targeted investment and maybe save the 100$ Xerox would charge for wasting your money.

It not EPA or OSHA but Greed , chase for the botom line and the outdated patent system that encurages it . Market is split into pricegouging hyper expensive original drugs and cheap generics

Generic drugs represent some 80% of the drugs sold yet only represent cca 9.5% of the costs for drugs. Without Generics healthcare systems more or less colapse.

In EU ,European patent law, provides 20-year protection for a drug, prohibits the production of any generic version of the drug during this time . 20years is a heck of along time . In this time frame no European generic manfacturer can manufacture a generic drug even if its meant for export, but they can be made in China and India. US patents are similar.

''Drug companies build massive patent walls around their products, extending the protection over and over again. Some modern drugs have an avalanche of U.S. patents, with expiration dates staggered across time. For example, the rheumatoid arthritis drug Humira is protected by more than 100 patents. Walls like that are insurmountable.

Rather than rewarding innovation, our patent system is now largely repurposing drugs. Between 2005 and 2015, more than three-quarters of the drugs associated with new patents were not new ones coming on the market but existing ones. In other words, we are mostly churning and recycling.

Particularly troubling, new patents can be obtained on minor tweaks such as adjustments to dosage or delivery systems — a once-a-day pill instead of a twice-a-day one; a capsule rather than a tablet. Tinkering like this may have some value to some patients, but it nowhere near justifies the rewards we lavish on companies for doing it. From society’s standpoint, incentives should drive scientists back to the lab to look for new things, not to recycle existing drugs for minimal benefit.''

Further more pharma companies game the patent protections to extend it past original date ,resoulting in futher offshoring to china.

Branded drug manufacturers prevent competition In so-called “pay for delay” agreements, a brand drug company simply pays a generic company not to launch a version of a drug

“Authorized generics” are another tactic to limit competition. These aren’t really generic products at all; they are the same product sold under a generic name by the company that sells the branded drug. Why? By law, the first generic company to market a drug gets an exclusivity period of 180 days. During this time, no other companies can market a generic product.

original drug developer often declines to sell drug samples to generics manufacturers by citing “FDA requirements,” by which they mean the agency’s Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies program. The idea behind this program is a good one: give access to patients who will benefit from these personalized medicines, and bar access for patients who won’t benefit and could be seriously harmed. However, brand drug makers are citing these requirements for the sole purpose of keeping generics from coming to market.

Western pharma industry particulary one in US is still strong .
    EDJNet-Pharma-800x540.jpg

Yeah Im not going to read your novel right now but all I need is in the first line.

Yes capitalism, the market, makes decisions based on greed.

No shit.

In doing so it provides the best for the most assuming their is no influence to prevent it.

The problem is our politicians have stacked the deck against their own.

Business will work to avoid the onerous regulation.

Same thing as the "Bullet Button".

Greed is not the problem, our govt is dip shit!

This is actualy a bad way to do it , we in Europe have been using such arangments for just about any defense contracts with foreign supplyer (US or other European country) offsets mostly turn out to be gross misuse of funds and the supplyer factors this BS into the cost of the contract that turns out to be much more expensive and wastefull than if offsets are not utilised. Not only is cost of the offset factored in but also cost of managing such offsets'

So instead of your 1000$ xerox you now pay 1600$ for same machine and 500$ of that is spent of some useless project(remember goal is offset itself not effect of that offset) and 100$ is spent on new Xerox offset managment office .

Imagine this like funds spent on programs to rebuild Afghanistan , offset system its typicaly done is similary wasteful and fraudulent fashion.

You are far better of investing those 500$ in targeted investment and maybe save the 100$ Xerox would charge for wasting your money.

Again.....a govt problem.

You are far better off investing those 500$ in targeted investment and maybe save the 100$ Xerox would charge for wasting your money.

Hi,

Except for the fact that I have been involved in International offsets for various countries for years (until I recently retired last summer) and have seen it work phenomenally for USA parent companies expanding to International markets, so why can we not redirect the expansions back to USA side.....

European misuse does not negate the fact that it works!!

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
    China would have probably died in the 1970s had we not "normalized" relations.

They were tracking to capitalism as communism failed.

Our acceptance of their communism allowed them to two tit their system........state run capitalism.

Fuck them its still a system benefitting a small elite at the expense of the masses.

We should have zero dealings with them.

Sadly our system now resembles theirs - 330 million working to support 545 with a wildly fantastic lifestyle.

Theis
    Does it work for the buyer or the seller ? Because what you likely worked on is on seller side US companies doing offsets to foreign buyers , if you make US taxpayer the buyer of such arangments you might find that the system does not provide good value to the customer.

European defense procurment is just much more open to US companies ,euros buy US made stuff all the time ,while US defense procurment is more or less closed to foreign suppliers unless they build stuff in US.

Last edited:
    Theis
    Does it work for the buyer or the seller ? Because what you likely worked on is on seller side Us companies doing offsets to foreign buyers , if you make US taxpayer the buyer of such arangments you might find that the system does not provide good value to the customer.
    If your the buyer as well as the seller how does it hurt you compared to being the buyer from a foreign seller?

I would love to add in that the products shall be made of US components and materials, and those must be manufactured in the US

If your the buyer as well as the seller how does it hurt you compared to being the buyer from a foreign seller?
    Buyer is in this case taxpayer seller some LLC its not one and the same.
    Overpaying for stuff ring any bells?

Its simple enough to understand you make a product that you sell for 100$ to US Gov , now US Gov suddenly wants you to offset 40$ into whatever , just do it . Now you have to hire someone for 10$ to manage this 'unwanted' investment and to cover your cost only way you can run your bussines is to now charge US goverment 150$ for the same product you used to charge 100$for .

Only way this would benefit the customer(taxpayer) is if these offsets realy pan out well and generate enough taxes on their own to offset the offset , which is much less likely as they are not organic but sorta forced side product.

Last edited:
    Overpaying for stuff ring any bells?

Its simple enough to understand you make a product that you sell for 100$ to US Gov , now US Gov suddenly wants you to offset 40$ into whatever , just do it . Now you have to hire someone for 10$ to manage this 'unwanted' investment and to cover your cost only way you can run your bussines is to now charge US goverment 150$ for the same product you used to charge 100$for .

Only way this would benefit the customer(taxpayer) is if these offsets realy pan out well and generate profits on their own , which is much less likely as they are not organic but sorta forced side product.
    The offset is an american is working instead of a chinese citizen.

The offset is an american is working instead of a chinese citizen.

Pay them to sit on the couch or pay them to make a widget?

Ill take the widget and and enjoy the neighbor that has some self respect.

You can do that much more effectively with investment into infrastructure projects but in the long term all such goverment mandated investment has the side effect of misdirecting production away from areas where private citizens might voluntarily choose to dedicate their money. Trade off short-term reduction in unemployment for a long-term misallocation of resources that produces higher unemployment.

Suddenly you seem to want socialism ?

The COVID-19 is having a mass disruption on the supply chain and will have many companies rethink where they source their products and components. I have worked in developing and constructing large distribution/manufacturing facilities in the US and Mexico for over 30 years and have seen many changes over that time. I remember the exodus of US manufacturing to Mexico and then subsequently from Mexico to China. Companies have started moving back from China to the NA Continent in the past several years and we have seen a significant uptick in demand for warehouse space in our area. I was in a warehouse of a major logistics firm last week that handles product for Apple. They had just received the last containers from China and weren't expecting any more and over a third of the warehouse was empty where normally full. I believe the stuff made for Walmart et al will continue to be made in China but more strategic components and products will return to this continent.

You can do that much more effectively with investment into infrastructure projects but in the long term all such goverment mandated investment has the side effect of misdirecting production away from areas where private citizens might voluntarily choose to dedicate their money. Trade off short-term reduction in unemployment for a long-term misallocation of resources that produces higher unemployment.

Suddenly you seem to want socialism ?

Infrastructure is a good investment and its an investment I actually use.

Infrastructure is not something the govt provides me as our pols would have you believe.

Such public works are the exact reason The People choose to form a government in order to ensure those "Public works" will be provided.

Due to govt failure to maintain, our infrastructure in MA sucks, while well governed NH is fantastic.

The problem again is govt.

Why use money for maintenance when you can use it to buy votes?

Last edited:
    The COVID-19 is having a mass disruption on the supply chain and will have many companies rethink where they source their products and components. I have worked in developing and constructing large distribution/manufacturing facilities in the US and Mexico for over 30 years and have seen many changes over that time. I remember the exodus of US manufacturing to Mexico and then subsequently from Mexico to China. Companies have started moving back from China to the NA Continent in the past several years and we have seen a significant uptick in demand for warehouse space in our area. I was in a warehouse of a major logistics firm last week that handles product for Apple. They had just received the last containers from China and weren't expecting any more and over a third of the warehouse was empty where normally full. I believe the stuff made for Walmart et al will continue to be made in China but more strategic components and products will return to this continent.

I want it all to return.

Fuck China.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Amen to that!

Yes we will pay more for shit but take a look at the quality of the shit we used to make.

If I want to buy a Coleman lantern I buy a lightly used Made in USA one off of EBay and it is 4 times the quality of the China sourced piece of shit lantern.

People telling you we cant do it, it will cost too much are full of shit.

Yes we will pay more for shit but take a look at the quality of the shit we used to make.

If I want to buy a Coleman lantern I buy a lightly used Made in USA one off of EBay and it is 4 times the quality of the China sourced piece of shit lantern.

People telling you we cant do it, it will cost too much are full of shit.

Look around, this aint gonna happen without gov stepping in. It just isnt.

Many of which who make policy are enriching themselves via investments in china.

In the 80' corporate mentality was at least roughly along these lines altough by 1982 floodgates to unsustainable managment practices opened ,hello China here we come.
    Corporations have a responsibility, first of all, to make available to the public quality goods and services at fair prices, thereby earning a profit that attracts investment to continue and enhance the enterprise, provide jobs, and build the economy.
    [. . .]
    That economic responsibility is by no means incompatible with other corporate responsibilities in society.
    By late 90's
    [T]he principal objective of a business enterprise is to generate economic returns to its owners. . . . f the CEO and the directors are not focused on shareholder value, it may be less likely the corporation will realize that value.

Today its about getting the maximum compensation for the menagment and stock market(fast money type) without much responsibility to the long time investor-owner that doesn't even get a vote in most decisions . Result is cca 44.5Trillion literaly burned on stock buybacks ,remember. Stock buybacks enrich the bosses even when business sags.”

Huge parts of economy are datached from any reality and if you look at all the how do i invest into stockmarket thread you see it will continue to be like that. Folks looking to invest into 'waporware' stocks not into making products or bussineses

Last edited:
    Look around, this aint gonna happen without gov stepping in. It just isnt.

Many of which who make policy are enriching themselves via investments in china.

Read my last line.

We dont have a manufacturing/competition problem.......we have a governing problem.

I dont want more govt.....

I just want them to get the fuck out of the way.

Read my last line.

We dont have a manufacturing/competition problem.......we have a governing problem.

I dont want more govt.....

I just want them to get the fuck out of the way.

I get that but its not just a governing problem. Its a American mindset problem all the way from the companies to the consumer. Many underlying factors that aT this point are near irreversible.

Sucks sure, but hopes and wishes isnt going to "fix" this.

And should we live through this, the bounce-back will only add MORE volume to outsourced commie factories.

Stock markets.

?? -26%

?? -26%

?? -25%

?? -20%

Now, look at this:

?? (China) + 0,3%

China the creator of the pandemic, has miraculously "recovered", has almost no more cases of coronavirus.

The world is now beginning to feel the effects and panic about the disease.

Who recovered first ?? China itself

It seems to be that this virus was a move by the Chinese government in response to the loss of the trade war with the United States.

The goal: To throw the world into recession !!!
    China bought almost everything it devalued on the stock exchanges around the world ... with that the Chinese became owners of the global companies that are in China and without the money even leaving China.

I already told you this weeks ago:
    Screenshot_20200319-140550~2.png